Kickstarter like... ;)

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Kit Knives' started by BogdanS, Dec 10, 2018.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hello all,

Some of you know but many of you don't about our new range of wooden spirits shots. Sure thing that this idea came together with few others that we would like to bring to life.
    Thanks God the request for these shots increased lately and everywhere they presented themselves were highly appreciated.
    The full range include dedicated charred whiskey shots, semi charred liqueur shots and white heart woods for vodka :D. Unfortunately not all these were made to be offered on the market partially due to me being overwhelmed by the amount of work involved using the current equipment i own for woodworking.
    I created a mini lathe that help somehow yet is is not enough to do the job on the speed that would bring everyone the desired shot in an appropriate period of time.

[​IMG]

Today, thinking on that i decided to open this topic named 'Kickstarter like' in order to maybe at least partially fund this project and many others involving wood working.
    With the money raised a mini wood lathe and a wood mill should be bought, equipment that would allow higher working speed, less effort and of course better turnaround time and price.
    Unfortunately for the time being, after the third workshop relocation and being in rent right now, we cannot afford to purchase these equipment soon; so what do we do in this situation: call for our good BCUSA friends promising to reward their support with generosity ;)

Sure thing that perks are involved and if someone is interested here we go with them:

All donations no matter of the sum below the 33 usd mark will be rewarded with a surprise sticker with our Mascot that i am working on ;)

1. Any 33 usd donation would bring you a custom heart wood shot (oak, hornbeam, locust) similar to the one in the pic below:

[​IMG]

2. Any 43 usd donation would bring you a custom burl wood (locust, hornbeam or other wood available at the time of your order - this will be discussed further) similar to the one in the pic below:

[​IMG]

3. Any 150 usd donation will bring you a custom made puuko knife + a nice vegetable tanned thick ox leather sheath made by my lovely wife similar to the one in the pic below (handle materials would be on your choice - brass/nikelsilver guard+10 mm reindeer antler spacer+ main body [oak,locust,hornbeam or other wods that might be available at the time of your order - this will be discussed further) Note: the knife in the pic below has a 30 mm antler spacer ;)

[​IMG]

Thank you very much to anyone!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

2. JasonJ

JasonJ Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    What's your time-frame for collection on this?

Beach Hiker, ArmyMacE and ExAF1N1 like this.
  3. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Untill after the holidays - i would think that 7th Jan would be last donation day ;)

Thanks brother!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

4. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Ohohoo - thanks to a generous brother on forums we are almost there! I always knew BCUSA folks are the greatest!
    Thank you so very much dear brother for being so kind! I know i could not compensate your generosity enough yet i will try to make something special for you ;)

This being said i will only keep this open until Friday this week as the main goal was reached - thank you all once more!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

5. JasonJ

Blog Posts:
    That's awesome to hear @BogdanS

We did something similar to this on BudgetLightForum for a guy who modified flashlights; we all pitched in and raised about $3000 or $4000 dollars and bought him a nice, high end lathe. Sadly he couldn't keep it and passed it on to another trusted forum member, as he got sick and we lost "Old Lumens" soon thereafter.

Bogdan, you better not die on us brother!

Beach Hiker likes this.
  6. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @JasonJ - it was such a kind gesture from your part to give wings for someones dream and you know that good things get rewarded even if the old fellow is here no more - may Good God rest him in peace!

Hopefully i will not die, God knows yet in the meantime i plan to create as many nice things as i can for you all dear brothers!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

Beach Hiker and JasonJ like this.
  7. JasonJ

Blog Posts:
    @BogdanS yes, he sure did inspire many to pursue a hobby and pastime that others could never imagine themselves doing. He was a kind, and humble man as well. Rest peacefully, our friend in the light, Justin- aka "Old Lumens".

Can't wait to see what's waiting to be born from all the wonderful pieces of wood in your shop, Bogdan! Best wishes my friend!

Beach Hiker likes this.
  8. kairo

kairo Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    How much $ do you need to raise?

Beach Hiker and JasonJ like this.
  9. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @kairo - my dear brother, 700 - 800 usd would be what's necessary ;). I do not aim for high end tools but for the ones to do the job. Thank you for asking mate as i forgot to mention.

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

JasonJ and Beach Hiker like this.
  10. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Another generous donation got us closer to the goal - thank you very much brother, thanks a lot @pellegrino ;)!

All the best, Gof bless,
    Bogdan

pellegrino likes this.
  11. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hello all,

The main goak was reached so as said i will only keep this up until tomorrow, in case someone is interested in this ;)
    In any case i would like to thank you all very much for your kind support!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

JasonJ likes this.