Klymit inertia X- lite air mattress

Discussion in 'Backpacking' started by insector, Aug 19, 2019.

1. insector

insector Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I just received one in the mail. From Amazon at 50 dollahs. It says 6.1 ounces but that is without the bulb, patch kit and stuff sac. 7.4 ounces total. It drops my mattress weight by almost a pound. It looks like I can side sleep on it also. So I am itching to give it a try. It packs to the size of a soda can.

I have high hopes for this thing. As soon as my car gets out of the shop (today I hope) and I do a little more work on it- I intend to try this mat out. I looks good so far. A ground cover beneath it will keep punctures down..............

Attached Files:

2. longcruise

longcruise Scout

Blog Posts:
    I recently spent four nights on a Klymit V (5.5 oz). It surprised me with the way it kept me off the ground even when side sleeping. I'm 6' 2" and 260# . :eek: But, it's not wide enough for my size and I'm upgrading to A Klymit V Luxe. I expect it will work out well.

Hope yours works out as well for you. :dblthumb:

3. NH Woodsman

NH Woodsman Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Good luck! I tried the X frame, but at 5'6" it didn't map my body well enough. Plus, I'm a side sleeper making it even more of a challenge to get comfortable. I've been happy with Klymit and purchased the Klymit Static V Insulated SL (what a mouthful) a few months ago. Tested it a few times and I'm very satisfied. Enjoy!

4. insector

insector Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Will do folks. I intend to try it out here pretty quick. If it does not suit my side sleeping ways- I wont like it. But just trying it out here on the floor- I think it will work!
    It says 7.9 ounces on the box but it weighed 7.4 on my scale. It will drop my current mattress weight by at least 12 ounces

20190820_113841.jpg

Bobsdock and Midwest.Bushlore like this.