KoreTemp Signal Sack

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Outfitters' started by IA Woodsman, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IA Woodsman

IA Woodsman Overwatch Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Vendor Lifetime Supporter Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The KoreTemp Signal Sac is a must have multi-purpose piece of gear. Measuring at 29" square and weighing in at 3.2 oz it can be easily folded and slipped into a pocket. One side of the KoreTemp Signal Sac is made of blaze orange 70d waterproof ripstop nylon. The opposing side is a water resistant light weight Multicam ripstop. 5 tie-out tabs are bar tacked in place. The primary uses include:

• Signal panel
    • Pack camouflage or high vis panel
    • Kneeling pad
    • Improvised pack bag
    • Stuff with dry grass or leaves for a sit pad
    • Cover for fire prep
    • Neck scarf
    This will be a limited run of this product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM
  2. IA Woodsman

IA Woodsman Overwatch Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Vendor Lifetime Supporter Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    So, over 1/3 of these are gone. The lightweight Multi-cam will not be offered again.

Fick, MrFixIt, ArmyMacE and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jason

Jason Founder Staff Member Administrator Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Only 2 left

oathkeeper762 likes this.
  4. oathkeeper762

oathkeeper762 Bushbum & PT Wanderer Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered mine so maybe only one left!

Fick, Jason and IA Woodsman like this.
  5. IA Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    Sooo, I screwed up and put the wrong amount in stock.

We have 6 of these left.

6. Cro

Cro American Grouch Hobbyist Lifetime Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    These things are killer useful.

I carry mine on my belt in a leather pouch beside my knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a lot bigger than one expects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The uses are numerous but one of the best applications for me is the collection of materials. While my belt has two other collection bags on the left side that are large in size they simply don't compare to the signal sack for the ability to collect bulky materials in a very short period of time. One of the first things I did with mine was set out to collect a massive amount of tinder in a sub three minute time frame. I collected about a pound and a half of birch bark in my effort.

Why do this? Well it's similar to the man in the creek drill. You need waist high flames in as short a time as possible. With Birch bark like this it'll catch a spark with little effort and you get an immediate blaze to which you can continue to add dry twigs and limbs broken from the lower levels of spruces and firs without ever pulling a knife. It's not applicable for all AOs, here however, about 35% of my trees are birch with hanging paper bark year round. So, if I can collect enough of that bark as quickly as possible it allows me to get a good blaze going and then add unprocessed fuel. It eliminates the need to spend time using finer motor control in the processing step of building a split wood fire or similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blaze is hot enough and large enough that it burns added wood without the need to split out the dry interior. It had been snowing or raining for three days before this, nearly everything was wet. At this point I just snapped off the low level dead and mostly dry pine twigs and limbs from the spruce I was under.

[​IMG]

The signal sack has a ton of uses as already outlined, quickly collecting superb tinder is just one of them.

Super useful piece of kit.

7. IA Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    We have one of these left.

We will be doing these in different color combos, but this is the last one made with the lightweight Multicam.

actichy likes this.
  8. Odinborn

Odinborn Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I received my signal sack today, and can't stop thinking about how useful this piece of kit will be. This is also my first run-in with the lightweight multicam, and I can definitely see what all the fuss is about. It will forever ride in any pack that I have with me, since its use is only limited by the imagination. Just as an example, my son stole my favorite pillow after school and I needed to nap before I came into work for the night, so I threw my poncho liner hoodie into the sack and got quite comfortable using it as a pillow.

If anyone has considered getting it, obviously you would be getting the last one that will be made, so I would jump quick.

Jason, IA Woodsman and actichy like this.
  9. IA Woodsman

Blog Posts:
    All gone. I will post up when we get new stock in.

LostViking and actichy like this.
  10. Jason

Blog Posts:
    I don't have mine yet but I want to see how it fits as a pack liner in my various packs

actichy and IA Woodsman like this.
  11. LostViking

LostViking Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Bummer, saw them, wanted one, lost focus dealing with snow.

Looks well worth while.

actichy, Jason and Huey like this.
  12. Jason

Blog Posts:
    @LostViking stay tuned these went over so well there’s more coming

ArmyMacE, actichy and LostViking like this.
  13. LostViking

Blog Posts:

Jason,
    Thanks!
    Sometimes the simplest things can be very functional.

IA Woodsman and actichy like this.
  14. IA Woodsman

Blog Posts:
  15. LostViking

Blog Posts:
    I have one on the way.

Thanks Gents!

16. LostViking

Blog Posts:
    For those on the fence with these. Here is some of my thought process on grabbing one.

Obviously, the signaling aspect of the orange. I went Orange/Multicam.

I use a Shemagh often. It woks really well for a lot of tasks. But not all of them.

The inner pouch of the Signal Sack should be excellent for scavenging tinder and kindling. Walk along and stuff it in the sack as you find it.

It is almost always windy here. So I mostly utilize feather sticks. Because curls just blow away after the come off the stick. So with the space between the two sheets propped open. The curls should fall onto the pouch and stay where I need them. Very cool!

The Shemagh isn't waterproof. These are made with two layers of waterproof nylon. So they should, at the very least, be water resistant.

Want to stop and take a break? Like to just sit for a few minutes? But everything is snow covered or wet. Whip out your Signal Sack! Take a break in dry comfort.

Tarp camping and want some dry kindling for the morning coffee fire?
    Roll some up in the Signal Sack the night before.

29" x 29" = an area of 841 inches square of dry real estate. Stake out the Signal Sack like a small tarp. All four corners and place stick or pack to hold up the center so it sheds water in all four directions.

Enough to cover a small pack, or boots, or a small wood pile. Freeing up real estate under your tarp or in your tent for living.

I'm also thinking about the stealth aspect of the Multicam side. Need to stash something for a few hours or a few days? Shove it in the pouch, or lay the whole sack over it and either stake, it or weight it, and then add some natural cover over it. It will be better protected, and less visible to prying eyes.

The portable pillow aspect intrigues me as well. Although, I'm not sure how that will work out in my area.

I also wonder if it might transport water in a decent fashion. Short distances. Like from creek to a campsite.

I think this is one of kit. That the more you sit around and think about it. The more uses You will come up with.

I'm excited to see what I can do with this thing.

beestokk, MrFixIt, Jason and 4 others like this.