LA hammock hangers unite!

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Seeker, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    Installed homemade whoopie slings on my SBPRO last night. Also made a structural ridge line out of amsteel but didn't get it installed yet. I have been working like a dog and have hardly been outside at all this year. I am so excited to get out I am probably going to run around the woods like a puppy.

2. The Hunter

The Hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Same here. Looking forward to the down time and good company. I finished sewing one new hammock and will be in it for the duration of the trip. I cant lie with hunting season fast approaching my mind is on hunting more than anything but the trip will be the calm before the storm! I have been building a new rifle over the past year and just about have it all finished. still need to inlet the dbm and do the pillar and action bedding and float the barrel , however all the other parts are in and going strong!

We will have a good bit of food to share or trade lol !

3. Seeker

Seeker Woods Bum Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    got out for a few hours bowhunting this morning.... scared up a couple armadillos on the way in. heard what i think were a couple deer (i'm thinking 2-3, doe with yearlings) go by the stand before i could see to shoot. saw one further off, outside my bow range, later on in the morning. felt good to be out, but the skeeters got me pretty good.

4. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I got my licenses in the mail this week. I have been at work everyday since getting back from the storm. Leaving tomorrow for two week business trip and all I want to do is go hunting....boohoohoo...
    Oh well, whining over, back to the grind stone. Hope you guys stick one for me.

5. The Hunter

The Hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Our season is Oct 1st. I have bow hunted all my life and killed my first deer with a recurve and never looked back. Man that has been 24 years ago and never did I rifle hunt, but this year I am putting the bow up after gun season opens and never looking back :)

Oh seeker I wont have a bow to bring other than my compound as i just sold the last longbow! Do bring camping items or whatever you wish to trade as I know several on the HF said they will be bringing things.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  6. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    spent another couple hours out this morning... beautiful sunrise and just about perfect temps... not too many mosquitos either, and i wasn't all sweaty today... however, no deer. wah.

hunter, et al, i'm bringing a trunkload of stuff... we'll see what's worth trading.

7. The Hunter

The Hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Any Turkey hunters here going on the trip? I know there are many turkeys here as well LOL!

I will bring some of my hand made calls for trading as well if any intrest

8. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    hey guys... had a weird thing happen to me today... and we may end up with another attendee!

so i'm at work, talking with a guy who tells me about a guy who has similar interests to mine and gives me a phone number... so i call him after work tonight. It turns out that ANOTHER guy (who, curiously, i don't really know outside of his name, the fact that he was one of my kid's teachers years ago, and my wife is a substitute teacher who sorta knows who he is) gave him MY name, immediately, when the subject of 'the woods' came up between the two of them a few days ago. how's THAT for weird? i have no idea how he knew of my woods interest... i'm thinking maybe one of my kids brought it up, but seriously... who would remember that?

he said he might have time to come to the hang. anyway, he thinks he may have stumbled across the site, but didn't know for sure. but he may be joining us shortly. i think he'll fit in, based on his interests.

funniest part of it all is that he lives just a couple miles away. small world.

9. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    looks like the whole family is back on que. The wife and daughter were supposed to be at a piglet auction for 4H that weekend. Looks like we won't have to do that now. A friend has offered to include us in his inside line to a local farmer who has some championship lines that we can just buy outright. We are doing a tuning camp this weekend close to baton rouge to try out the all the new toys before we head up to the big woods. I am so looking forward to this.
    Note, is anyone bringing bows? I really want to start shooting recurve but I want to get some highly opinionated feedback first. Anybody know where I could get some?

10. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
    Looks like ill be able to make it and quick question do any of you guys know how to make a good pair of moccs I've been on a leather workin kick and I can't seem to get my moccs to come out right

11. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    nah... i still need to try to make a pair... have a few patterns, but nothing done yet, hands-on... seems like i remember giving you a hide... did i? and have you been able to make anything with it yet? however your mocs come out, it's good if you made it yourself.

12. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
    you tried to give me some but I didnt take it i just didnt feel right after all that great advice and stuff yall gave me

13. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I ended up with the hide. I keep holding on to it like the ring of power instead of just using it for something.

14. Thunderwood

Thunderwood Scout

Blog Posts:
    When are you guys getting together again??? I know I'm a newb but I'd like to meet y'all. Maybe we can get to get together for a hike or something soon.

15. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    in conjunction with a hammock hang with some guys from Hammock Forums (some of whom are us, being members of both forums), we are getting together next weekend. look below at the earlier posts for details.

16. swamprat

swamprat Guide

Blog Posts:
    It is about 36 hours to the Hang. Are you guys ready?

17. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    most definitely... worked monday (at least i get ot for it) and 12 hours yesterday... took today off to hunt. will probably leave just after lunch on friday and get there around 2. depends on how work goes (long story, long week).

18. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I walked in the door tknight and the first thing I hear is "I'm packed!". I am going to visit a friend in the hospital Friday morning and then head that way

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

19. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    hey Hunter! (rat, please remind him). remember to bring one of those cool fire pistons with you. i've never seen one 'live', just here.

20. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
    guys i sure hope i can make it my teachers picked the worst week to play catch up from issac i know i wont be able to leave untill after 12 on friday

21. BENCH

BENCH Scout

Blog Posts:
    You guys are gonna have to play without me. My daughter is coming into town, and don't get to see her much since she moved to Little Rock.

Buy all means post some pics.

Have fun, and God bless your get together.

22. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    Kid, i hope you can make it... would like to talk with you about school and how that's all working out.

Bench, i know how that is. one of mine lives in NY state. enjoy it. and she probably smells a lot better than us.

23. swamprat

swamprat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I am packed and will pick Zach up at school at noon. See y'all in a few hours!

24. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
    heading out soon

25. NELABushman

NELABushman Scout

Blog Posts:
    Hope y'all have a ball. Sorry I can't make it, but y'all will have a blast. My schedule should even out soon n ill be able to attend the next hopefully. Lots of pics fellas.

-Dave-
    Dia Leat.

26. Thunderwood

Thunderwood Scout

Blog Posts:
    I can't stay but I'm going to be in the area, hope y'all don't mind if I stop by Saturday?

27. BENCH

BENCH Scout

Blog Posts:
    Ummmm, No pictures, No proof this event ever happened;-)

28. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    Sorry... we were too busy yakking to take pics... i did take this one, around lunchtime on saturday.

what you've got here is KajunKat sitting on the left, and Swamprat on the right. The Kid is the guy with the cool hat in the background.... bunch of little Kats around too, and Mrs Kat.

29. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
  30. The Kid

The Kid Scout

Blog Posts:
    not really sure on how to post pics sorry if you cant see them

31. Seeker

Blog Posts:
    hey gav... try pulling them into the little box on the bottom of the window, when you edit the post, that says 'drag photos here'... that might fix it. read it in another post.

actually, check your pm... i'm sending you my email... send them to me, and i'd be happy to post them.

32. BENCH

BENCH Scout

Blog Posts:
    I can't see them either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.