like i need a new addiction.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Grizzix, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Grizzix

Grizzix Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Took my son to the park today and while I was there I decided for the heck of it to look up my location up on geocaching.com. Sure enough there were 3 close caches. I grabbed my son and told him we were going on a little "hike". It didn't take me too long to find one. MY 1ST CACHE. I decided we didn't have time to look for the others but I'll be back soon. Only issue is that it feels kinda shady/creepy trying to get to them without people seeing you. It was a pretty cool experiance and I'll have to check out more in the future.

2. SIXFOOTER

SIXFOOTER Guide

Blog Posts:
    Oh, Man, have YOU messed up!
    Good Luck with the new addiction

3. cloudraker

cloudraker Guide

Blog Posts:
    I did the same with my girls. Now I need a more accurate GPS. Great.....

4. Casebrius

Casebrius Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    If you have an IPhone, get the app. I just found my first international cache. Good times.

5. froldt

froldt Scout

Blog Posts:
    I had the fortune of starting out in the country, so there was no one to "hide" from.

Yup, you messed up for sure... Welcome to the game!

6. WarDoggy

WarDoggy Scout

Blog Posts:
    Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia
    Geocaching.com and Garmin both have Android apps available as well. I like the Geocaching.com one a little better, but both are pretty nice.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

7. golfpro1286

golfpro1286 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    This is my biggest fear, getting another addiction, geocaching sounds like a ton of fun, have not gone yet, but plan on doing so soon!

8. AncientNCO

AncientNCO Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the club! You're right, this is a fun and addicting hobby. Believe it or not, I know a guy who's wife had an informal intervention with family and friends to get him to ease up a bit on caching so much. It was quite the joke here locally among the caching community. Have fun and stay safe!

9. Firebug

Firebug Scout

Blog Posts:
    I could geo cache for hours. I work downtown Louisville so occasionally I go out on my lunch break and find them. It's a blast!

Have fun!

10. riverjoe

riverjoe Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I m trying to ignore this activity . Already get plenty of greif for 40 hours or so a week spent on Bushcraft . It sure sounds like fun tho .

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. ctovey

ctovey Scout

Blog Posts:
    Oh man...

12. MANIMAL

MANIMAL Guide

Blog Posts:
    I started with my boys this past Fall season - got 20 under our belt and the boys are fiending for more adventures....just kinda hard with all the snow right now

iphone GPS app is superb for this

13. JamWookie

JamWookie Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Cacheing is very addictive! Its cheap (after i bought the gps) easy (depending on your geo sense) and it gets us out to places that i never knew existed. I do prefer the country way more than town caches. Ive actually had the local pd call my house looking foe me due to suspicious activities. they had found the cache and thought it was a bomb or something of that nature in a camo film container... i had to explain to them what they would find in it and what it was all about. I also made it very clear that until i get the remaining caches in their town im sure this might happen again :)

14. FWG

FWG Scout

Blog Posts:
    New to geocaching, found out quickly, it is a cooler weather activity. Been wanting to try it for awhile, loaded some coordinates from geocache.com into my 13 yr. old garmin etrex and headed out to the local National Forest.

Found 2 out of 3, sweated alot and decided I liked it. Trying now to resist the urge to purchase a new gps.

After I got home, went back to geocache.com and looked at the info about the one I couldn't find. There, lower on the page are posts of others telling about their searches. WHO KNEW!?

Anyway, beginners mistake. No one has found the one I couldn't find for the last 6 months. Animal might have carried it off.

Fall, winter and spring are busy times for me in the woods, I think they just became busier.

I'm liking geocaching!

15. KNAPP17x

KNAPP17x Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    I had no clue what geocaching was until I looked it up after reading this... I have 3 within walkin distance of my house... and im getting ready to throw on my running shoes and take off...

16. coldwaterboys

coldwaterboys Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    My wife was asking me about doing this. Wow? Recommend me a good GPS. I was looking at the Garmin Oregon. Thx