Looking for video ideas

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by badgerthehobo, May 11, 2019.

1. badgerthehobo

badgerthehobo Down the river and up the creek Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I recently started a bushcraft channel on YouTube. Unfortunately, due to work constraints and my wife’s health issues, I don’t get time to take a lot of day trips, much less overnights or longer. But I do have a couple hours here and there to practice skills in my backyard and on the property I take care of.

I’ve been thinking about doing instructional videos, but I don’t want to do “how to build a shelter” or “how to tie knots,” because there’s already hundreds of videos saying the exact same thing.

I’m pretty good at figuring out how stuff works, or how something should be put together inside. For example, when i was a kid one Saturday afternoon I doodled up how I thought my parents lawn mower worked, then took it apart to make sure my guess was correct. Boy were they happy to see their mower spread across the garage!

But now I’m rambling. Anyway, what are some things I could make videos of? Need ideas.

MrFixIt and bush-hunter like this.
  2. bush-hunter

bush-hunter Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    @badgerthehobo nice to here you want to stand apart from the bushcrafter stigma. Maybe something along the line of crafting your own gear more than selling a product sewing and knitting showing small clips at a time can catch alot of views and can be done in house then shown in use.
    My son and his friends were amazed at my tool bag for bushcraft.
    Where are you located maybe local tours of simple attractions. 20190512_163754.jpg

MrFixIt and badgerthehobo like this.
  3. MrFixIt

MrFixIt Old Jarhead LB#42 Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Short videos on the flora and fauna of your AO?