M1951 Shirtjac

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by vairboy, Sep 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vairboy

vairboy Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    My family says I have a problem with wool shirts... I wouldn't call it a problem, I only have 5 or 6! They are mostly Pendeltons, but I've been looking at the M51 Korean War era uniform top for a while, finally bought one for hunting season this fall.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1951-WOOL-SHIRT-OD-GREEN-U-S-ISSUE-NICE/311575416570?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bought off an eBay surplus store (amsurplus89) for $10 plus another $10.65 for shipping. The ad says they have small and medium sizes, I wrote the seller and confirmed that medium was in stock. The shirt arrived quickly, used but very clean and good condition. It does not have the nametag patch like the picture on the auction, but no issues there. The shirt fits like you would expect an old one to, short shirttails, somewhat on the snug side, great for wearing untucked over a t-shirt and not scratchy like some wool.

[​IMG]

Edited to add: I know some complain about these running small, and L, XLs, and bigger being impossible to find, probably true. I am 5'10" and about 155 lbs, mine fits great. If you are average or slim build give it a shot. I just saw some modified with additional pockets and a hood... more ideas and I need more shirts!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. MFS1589

MFS1589 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I visit that surplus store regularly, those wool shirts are all in very nice shape for the age. Just none in my size. BTW they have 1951 wool pants as well.