1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Made myself a BK7 sheath

Discussion in 'Monthly Projects' started by Ian_Hanson, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Ian_Hanson

Ian_Hanson Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Just a little thing I threw together. Not amazing but good enough for me. planning on building a baldric much like "The Wookie" to add this to but we will see i need to procure some really good leather I only have a little bit of veg tan left so thats why i used scrap to build this rig to practice before i make a nicer one. As I am new here any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. Agile Woodsman

Agile Woodsman Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    It looks functional enough. I just tell people to not get in a hurry! Take the time to made straight edges with a ruler, for example. Just keep practicing!!

I think I'd consider using two snaps on each belt strap for a more secure rig, I've found that to work well.

Keep at it! It's fun making your own gear :)

central joe and Medicine maker like this.
  3. Medicine maker

Medicine maker Scout

Blog Posts:
    See idk why that looks so dam kool. Honestly I like it more than a refined, polished up perfect leather sheath. Id actually stick with that.

central joe likes this.
  4. JasonJ

JasonJ Scout

Blog Posts:
    Rustic and functional, no issues here pal. I'm about to make my second knife sheath ever (if you count the sleeve style sheath I made for my dads Buck 121 back in 1989- it was a sewn together Reebok shoe tongue lol.) and I doubt it'll turn out anything better than what you've done.

The nice thing about doing one, regardless of how it turns out, is that the next one will be better.. and the next after that, better yet.

central joe likes this.