1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Magellan eXplorist GC ?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Kentucky, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Guide

Blog Posts:
    Hi, Im looking at a reasonably priced unit the Magellan eXplorist GC (the green one) as a Christmas gift for someone wanting to get into geocaching(a couple nice used units I can get for less than $70)..It seems to be geared towards geocaching..does any of you guys have any exp with this unit, opinions etc..Thanks

2. wander41

wander41 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    It's the unit I use. it's agreat entry level gps

3. Mike Fitz

Mike Fitz Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I used an Explorist 610 a few years ago for a bit while caching, solid enough unit. The biggest drawback for me was the screen, if you're used to a capacitive screen on a phone it takes a bit to get used to the pressure needed for a positive "click". Nice thing about not getting the latest and greatest is they all come with bugs when new that get worked out over time so the GC should be a nice starter GPS without a lot of the frustrations..