Mason Dixon knife club show at the Best Western Venice Grand hotel in Hagerstown

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by silenthunterstudios, Apr 23, 2014.

1. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios Scout

Blog Posts:
    This Friday and Saturday the Mason Dixon knife club will be hosting their annual knife show at the Best Western Venice Grand in Hagerstown. The hotel is located off Dual Highway next to the Wonder Books used bookstore in Hagerstown. If you take 70, and get off on Dual Highway/40 West into town, the hotel will be on your left. It's at an easy to get to intersection. This show is mainly vintage and traditional knives, although Sharpshin Blades will be there with a full line of tactical/bushcraft blades (he is a factory dealer for TOPS, Spyderco, Kershaw, Helle etc). I am not sure if gun show regular Wolf Knives will be there, I am on his email list and didn't get one about this weekend. Plenty of other dealers with vintage fixed blades and folders. I've seen Ruanas, Randalls, Chris Reeve, old Case, custom slipjoints etc. Mainly MD club members. Not the best show out there, but then again I only have two to base it on. I have fun, and make a day of it, going to Washington monument SP and Edgeworks in Frederick. Crystal Grottoes is nearby in Boonsboro, a great respite from a hot day in the summer time if you are out that way. The view from the monument is amazing to this flat lander Eastern Shore Hazard county native.

Courtney Daniels, Ryan Daniels wife, will be there as a Queen rep and selling Daniels family knives and her own collection. The Buck, Case and Queen collectors clubs will be there. I have found a few good deals there over the years, but I am mainly looking for slipjoints. The Mason Dixon club has a few raffles including hats, knives etc. I will be meeting a few members from Bladeforums there. I'm coming from about two hours away, and the drive is absolutely gorgeous on I70. If you are in the MD, northern VA, DE, southern PA, extreme eastern OH area, come on out.

BTW, I am not a member of the Mason Dixon club, but I have been in touch with them about getting the show notifications out there. They usually give a copy of Knife World with every admission, the admission fee isn't bad and you get a ticket with it, or at least did.