Modifications

Discussion in 'Wilderness Spirit' started by fotomaker57, Aug 10, 2015.

1. fotomaker57

fotomaker57 Guide

Blog Posts:
    OK people I know that very few of us can leave something as we purchased it. Lets face it we love to make things our own or think we can improve on what we purchased. Of course I am one of those people. So as I got to playing with and using my knife, that Timbo did such a great job with, I just found nothing I could do except a little stropping. I move on to the sheath and did notice the knife had to be pushed a little further into the sheath to get the retention I like. Well that left the handle a little deep and I found I didn't like the grip I was using to pull the knife out. So I decided to wet form the sheath to make it more comfortable for me and my tastes. So a little dip in some warm water, a little thumb work on the leather and now it is perfect for me. It slides into the sheath and locks in securely but can be withdrawn easily. A bit of Neatsfoot oil and a coating of Montana Pitch-Blend Leather Dressing and it's good to go. So if any of you have done some changes to your knife or sheath let's have a look.
    Mike

This is how it looked when I got it. (Timbo's picture)
    [​IMG]
    This is the end result
    [​IMG]

2. Wilderness Spirit

Wilderness Spirit Scout Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Nice work Mike. That looks good !

3. fotomaker57

fotomaker57 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Wow no one has changed anything on their knives or sheaths? Timbo that is an indicator that you are doing it right.

4. Wilderness Spirit

Wilderness Spirit Scout Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Mike. Most of the sheaths I leave as is , some I put neatsfoot oil on but like to leave it up to the customer to use their preferred treatment.

5. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    i love that knife. white/blue makes a great looking blade. easy to find as well (in green grass)

sheaths..i usually leave them alone except for a healthy dose of obernaufs..just incase i drop the sheath into the body cavity of a large-hoofed woodland creature. i have the habit of not belt wearing my knives..i just pull them from the pack and put the sheath into my back pocket.."plok! into the blood pool it goes"

6. hlydon

hlydon Scout

Blog Posts:
    Modifications. I know the feeling. Modifying helps me not buy as much as I probably would otherwise.