Moonlight Walk - Long Pond, PA - February 10, 2017

Discussion in 'Sandcut Outdoors' started by Sandcut, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here's one of the several free public events that I do for some of the non-profit or governmental organizations in the area. We did this last year and it was so memorable that TNC wanted to do it again. We had 18 people wondering around in the dark with 9*F temps and 30 mph winds and everyone had a blast! Here's the announcement:

Take a moonlight walk with the Nature Conservancy and guest naturalist Mike Leggiero of Sandcut Outdoors on Cathy's Trail behind the Hauser Nature Center in Long Pond. Mike will introduce the best ways to fully experience nature at night, then lead a 45-minute walk on a nearby nature trail. Afterward, enjoy hot chocolate and snacks in the Nature Center.

The program runs from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dress for outdoor walking, including a hat, gloves and boots or sturdy shoes for walking in snow and/or uneven ground. This is a great program for kids and adults to enjoy the magic of clear, brisk moonlight nights, listening for the hooting of owls and the rustle of nighttime creatures.

Pre-registration is requested; call The Nature Conservancy at 570-643-7922, ext. 320. Leave your name, phone number and the number of people who will be attending. The Moonlight Walk is free, but contributions to The Nature Conservancy are welcome.

IMG_00000434.jpg

central joe, rsnurkle, Badey and 5 others like this.
  2. Sandcut

Blog Posts:
    OK, we're one week out now from this walk. The 10 day forecast puts us at "cold and clear."

A reminder, though. The Nature Conservancy is asking to limit the number of attendees to around 25, so please remember to contact TNC to register for the walk. Facebook is showing over 80 people as being "interested". This venue will not be able to handle even half that many people. So please, register soon by calling the number in the original announcement.

3. Pastor Chris

Pastor Chris Keeper of the T.Darrah Tenkara Pass-Around Supporter Hardwoodsman Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Looks like a fun event. Safety in numbers makes it an easy entry point for this sort of thing.

Sandcut likes this.
  4. Sandcut

Blog Posts:
    Well, unfortunately I had to bail out on this event last night. While digging out from Wednesday night's snow event on Thursday morning I managed to smash the back of my head on the part of the house that makes an overhang beneath the living room bay window. It appears, based on symptoms, that I stupidly gave myself a mild concussion. Suffered some nausea on Thursday for a bit and had a constant headache up until about bedtime last night. Most of it is gone now, but still gonna take it easy the rest of the weekend.

The staff at TNC were understanding and took over the program. When I last spoke with them there were at least 30 people signed up. Which is sad because weather conditions were pretty good last night. Light snow, little wind, 19°F.

Maybe next time I'll learn to duck better.

alukban likes this.
  5. alukban

alukban Guide

Blog Posts:
    Get well soon brother! :dblthumb:

Sandcut likes this.