My new hammock

Discussion in 'Hammocks' started by Wesleypipesyo, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Wesleypipesyo

Wesleypipesyo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I ordered an el cheapo hammock on Amazon. But it got lost in the mail. So I had it refunded and got a different, even more el cheapo hammock. I didn't really need a hammock. I was looking at tree straps. But it wasn't not a huge cost jump, so I got a hammock.

Great idea. I got out and found some trees and had a relaxing hang. I was there long enough to smoke a cigar and read some.

The hammock is a golden armor. It is 10' long and about 48' wide. The tree straps are long, like 10' I think. It does not feel like the most durable thing ever. But it will only get used two or three times a year. So it is nice.
    1204181510_HDR.jpg 1204181506a_HDR.jpg 1204181504_HDR.jpg

I also found this little structure. It is old. It is held together with twine style rope.
    1204181444_HDR.jpg

Red Wing, kronin323 and Staleym like this.
  2. Staleym

Staleym Scout

Blog Posts:
    Hey there. That's not a bad looking setup you've got there, for the occasional, day hike hang out. Sounds like you had an enjoyable afternoon with it.

Wesleypipesyo likes this.
  3. Wesleypipesyo

Wesleypipesyo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Yea, it was a good time. About 40° out. Not much wind considering I was on the top of a hill with a wide open body of water at the bottom of the hill. In the spring I might try some low key stealth camping there. It's a great location.

On a side note, my lost in the mail hammock that was ordered in the beginning of November was delivered today. On a day when the federal government is shut down. With no USPS delivery. #winning

kronin323 and Staleym like this.
  4. Staleym

Staleym Scout

Blog Posts:
    Some might take it as an an omen. I switched from Tent camping to Hammock camping. Can't say I won't ever use my tent/sleeping bags again, though I've really enjoyed the hammock setup I got.

Wesleypipesyo likes this.
  5. Wesleypipesyo

Wesleypipesyo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I won't ever go back to tent camping. Unless my kid is involved. She wouldn't do well in a hammock yet. When she is older she will be fine.

Staleym likes this.
  6. kronin323

kronin323 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Why not? I was thinking of having one of my kids try it this spring, any reason not to?

7. Wesleypipesyo

Wesleypipesyo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I can't trust her to stay in it all night. At 7 she likes to get up and roam around. Been doing it for years. In a tent I can sleep by the door and keep her in.

kronin323 likes this.