1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Need axe head.

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by Atkins72, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Atkins72

Atkins72 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I would like to restore an older axe for my dad for fathers day. I am having a really hard time finding one that is in a restorable condition.

Does anyone have one they could part with or have suggestions for finding one?

Thanks

2. Pappy Frank

Pappy Frank Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have found many of them in flea markets. In fact, I almost refuse to purchase a new axe and prefer the flea market ones. You can get a great axe around here for $10 or less. The last three I have purchased I have less than $20 in the three of them.

There are a lot of other things you can find at flea markets that relate to Bushcraft also.

3. vermillion8604

vermillion8604 Guide

Blog Posts:
    I would say eBay. I get most of my ax heads on eBay. If you keep an eye out you can find what you want for a really good price. You have to be patient though.

4. art in ny

art in ny Tracker

Blog Posts:
    how many you want i have a few.

5. Atkins72

Atkins72 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Two would be great! PM me with what you havev and how much.