Nemo Vector Insulated?

Discussion in 'Sleep Systems' started by Crusher0032, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Crusher0032

Crusher0032 Appalachian Arthfael Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm going through my sleep system and trying to get lighter and more efficient. I'm trying to get set for a low of around 20 degrees, but I'll rarely see temps below thirty in my area. The Nemo Vector insulated pad is light for the large size, has its own air pump, and is rated around my desired temp range. I've also read that it's quieter than the NeoAir Xtherm right now it's on clearance in a few stores for under $100.

I don't want to buy junk, but $100 is around what I have to spend. I've read good things about Nemo, and like the idea of having both a pump and a valve I can blow the pad up by mouth. The large size is around 20 oz, which is fine if this pad will get me down to 20-25 degrees without too much misery.

I'm using a Sierra designs 20 degree Backcountry quilt and have a patrol bag and sleeping bag liners I can supplement with if necessary. 90% of my backpacking is above forty degrees at night.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'm thinking I'll be in decent shape but wanted to check and see if there were any horror stories about this pad first. My wife and I haven't had great luck with Klymit so wanted to try something else. Thanks for your insight.

Bobsdock and Kreger like this.
  2. Bobsdock

Bobsdock Still going Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have never used the nemo vector.
    My buddy has been using the nemo tensor for over a year and loves it !
    I have the x-therm the crinkle noise gets quieter with use.

Crusher0032 likes this.
  3. castle22

castle22 Hobbyist Hobbyist

Blog Posts:
    NEMO makes good stuff, really well thought out. I have an older Cosmo pad from them. The foot pump is fantastic, I don't use my foot to pump it up though, just do it CPR style. You shouldn't need to use your mouth to fill it, unless you're worried about catching pneumonia :18:. The pump has a one way valve, so you can get it stiffer than you would by using your lungs. If your overnight lows are in the 40's you shouldn't have any problems. I think mines rated to 15 and I've found that to be accurate.

Crusher0032 likes this.
  4. Crusher0032

Crusher0032 Appalachian Arthfael Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I had forgotten about this thread, not sure why I didn't get notified that someone posted.

I wound up buying this pad and have a couple nights on it with a 20 degree quilt from Sierra Designs. It's a perfect to just below 30, haven't had it in real cold temps yet but I'm very happy so far.

It packs small and light, and the integrated pump works well.