New Belt Kit Setup!

Discussion in 'Packs, Bags & Pouches' started by Ridgerunner84, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Ridgerunner84

Ridgerunner84 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well guys, I've got my belt setup rolling along nicely now. I decided to get a dedicated belt so that I don't have to keep stripping my gun belt down whenever I want to go hike or do bushcraft, and then switch it back afterward.

The belt is the GCode Operator 1.75" belt and has GCode MOLLE Pouches and a TQ pouch.

The knives are from Work Tuff Gear and the digging tools are from Rogan USA and Stealth Diggers.

image1(25).jpg

Now I just have to get the pouches loaded, get a folding saw pouch, and get things organized exactly how I want them. The larger pouch on the left will come off for short treks into the woods. It's primarily going to be a snack pouch/misc. gear for longer excursions. The middle pouch is the GCode Medical Pouch and works very well for organizing water purification, fire kit, holding misc. IFAK stuff, and still has room in it.

The knives are from Work Tuff Gear and the smaller is the K2, made from K110 steel. 9.6'' long, 4.5'' blade length, .17'' blade thickness, Saber grind, G10 scales.

The larger is the Lamigo and is D2 steel. 11.8'' long, 6.3'' blade length, .196'' thick and Saber grind, and G10 scales.

The Digging tools are Rogan USA made. The upper tool with saw teeth is Rogan's own design. It's the MUTT and is 10" long, 1.25'' wide, and .25'' thick.

The smaller digging tool is a collaboration between him and Stealth Diggers. It's 8'' long, 1'' wide, and .25'' thick.

Both have tapered edges, but they are not sharpened. Perfect for beating, digging, batoning, and not having to worry about ruining a knife edge or tip.

I'll be sure to post more photos and links to my YouTube reviews once they are up. I will be starting the Bushcraft section very soon on there: www.youtube.com/c/foresttofarm It will be sporadic while we build our houses (which are being documented there as well), but after that I'll be wide open with it!

If you guys have any suggestions or ideas feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. bush-hunter

bush-hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thats a good setup are the digging tools for foraging. I like getting ramps and horseradish but hate carrying a shovle.

3. woodsmanjohn

woodsmanjohn Supporter Supporter Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    That's some nice kit like those pouches buddy good post.

4. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! They are for foraging, batoning, and for digging dakota fire holes when I want limited kit. I always hate carrying a shovel, haha.

Thanks! They make awesome pouches. Top quality for sure.

Winterhorse and bush-hunter like this.
  5. The Woodsrunner

The Woodsrunner Possum Hobbyist

Blog Posts:
    May I ask why two knives and two digging/prying tools?

6. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    Sure thing! Small knife for smaller/fine work and large knife primarily for when I want to baton, chop, or work a larger piece of wood than what my smaller knife is fit for. I won't always have both with me. Sometimes I will carry the small knife with either a hatchet, parang, or folding saw.

As far as the digging tools, the smaller one has two beveled edges (one on the short side and one on the long side), which makes it great for batoning if I don't have my larger knife. The larger one is only beveled on the end and the side has a saw on the side of it for cutting roots. One way they are both marketed is as digging tools for metal detecting. Both can also be used for pounding/driving stakes, digging, batoning hard woods that may affect the fine edge of a knife, cracking open walnuts, etc. without worry of rolling an edge on my blade. Again, I won't carry both when I do carry one, and I won't always carry one of them.

My load-out depends on the day(s) I have planned in the woods and what skills I intend on honing. I have my favorite tools, but I still like to vary what I have on me so that I am more adaptable to whatever situation may arise. Plus, I like variety and these are only 2 of the many knives I have.

I hope this helped to answer your question, haha. If not just let me know, thanks!

Winterhorse and The Woodsrunner like this.
  7. The Woodsrunner

The Woodsrunner Possum Hobbyist

Blog Posts:

Ah, gotcha! I assumed you were carrying all 4 at all times and boy that looks like a chunk of weight for a lot of overlap in function. That makes a lot more sense!

Winterhorse and Ridgerunner84 like this.
  8. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    Haha, yeah that would be rough carrying all that all day long! I try to go out with as little as possible, but...impulse buys at the register kill me! :4:

DarrylM and The Woodsrunner like this.
  9. Jeffa

Jeffa Tracker

Blog Posts:
    It would be cool to have one of those mag dump pouch so you cam steel oranges and black berries from the naborhood.
    They have ones that fold up really small, but open to like 1 gallon of space.

Ridgerunner84 likes this.
  10. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M Scout

Blog Posts:
  11. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    Yeah that would be nice! I've looked around and am trying to find one I like that looks durable. I've seen some that are made of mesh now...I just don't see that holding up, haha. I'll definitely get one though, thanks!

Thanks, those are some nice setups!

Jeffa and WILLIAM.M like this.
  12. Jeffa

Jeffa Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Ridgerunner84 likes this.
  13. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    Jeffa likes this.
  14. DarrylM

DarrylM Guide

Blog Posts:
    I've heard the mesh dump pouches allow for spore dispersal while collecting mushrooms.

Ridgerunner84 and Jeffa like this.
  15. Ridgerunner84

Blog Posts:
    I'm not a mushroom person, so that wouldn't be an issue, but that is a good point for those that are!

DarrylM likes this.