New Massdrop Deals (Luminaid Packlite Max and Mystery Ranch Glacier Backpack)

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by CharClothed, Nov 6, 2018.

1. CharClothed

CharClothed Guide

Blog Posts:
    @tomcfitz Got me hooked on sharing deals from Massdrop. Curse You! So here are two of the better deals I found so far. One is for a Luminaid Pack Light Max. It's the one I use actually. I find it works best as a outside light in the winter. Hang it from a tree and turn it on the lowest setting. The snow will bounce the light and it makes a large area look hella bright. The first trip I used it on, I was able to light up someone's entire camp with the one light. The higher you go the better.

The second item seems to be a nice pack that comes in either black or olive. Original price is $350 but the sale price is $200 so about $150 in savings. Looks to be a 70L pack as well so plenty of storage. I've seen a similar pack by these guys, and if it is the same, then the top pockets of the lid come off the pack and will make a day pack. Here's a quick video. Based off other products I've seen by them, I think Mystery Ranch will be where I get my next pack.

P.S. I always loved these people's videos of gear. Shows what I need to see about the product.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/luminaid-packlite-max-usb?utm_source=linkshare&referer=KSACSS

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mystery-ranch-glacier-backpack?utm_source=linkshare&referer=KSACSS

blind & lost and tomcfitz like this.
  2. tomcfitz

tomcfitz Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Mystery Ranch makes fantastic gear.

My only notes about massdrop are:

Shipping is slow, usually a month at least.

Check their prices against other sources. They discount from MSRP, but very few things actually sell for that these days, so the deals may not be as good as they look, especially when coupled with the slow shipping.

But with a bit of research, and for low priority foods, they can be a great source of cheap gear!

3. fishiker

fishiker Scout

Blog Posts:
    I've bought stuff from Massdrop and @tomcfitz is dead on in his assessment. I always search online prices if it's something I'm interested in. Often I can find a similar price with better shipping. I looked at the lights and wasn't sure. Thanks to @CharClothed for sharing your experience with it. If you're in the market for a pack Mystery Ranch makes a good one!

tomcfitz likes this.