New - O1 high carbon tungsten vanadium blade blanks - your own design (hobby knifemakers)

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Kit Knives' started by BogdanS, Mar 17, 2019.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Hello all,

Starting next week we will start offering blade blanks with your own design.

- the blanks would be cut from 3mm thick O1 high carbon tungsten vanadium tool steel.

- the blanks will not be grinder nor HT but only cut to shape using a computer controlled waterjet machine.

This type of product was meant for hobby knifemakers as i know fro my own experience how happy i would have been years ago to have this opportunity.

Advantages:

- you can order as low as 1 piece without being forced to buy a full plate of steel. This is the major advantage for a hobby knifemaker.
    - you will have no material loss due to the waterjet cutting
    - you will be able to design extremly intricate designs that would othervise take hours of labor to cut or be impossible
    - you spare all noise, dirt, effort - we take care of that ;)

All you have to do is send us a vectorial format .dxf/.dvg with your knife or if you are not instructed to use such software we accept to transpose a hand drawing for you for a small fee ;)

The cut will be made in monthly batches in order not to interfere with our own knifemaking schedule.

The prices are:

- 49 usd for any design that fits a 8.5/1" piece (shipping and paypal fees included)
    - 10 usd for hand scetch to vector format

Next week will be a test one in based on request will sustain or cancel the project.
    The prices might not be good enough for bussiness but fair i would say for the hobbyist 1-2 knives.

All the best brothers, God bless,
    Bogdan

LongRoad, Kreger, JasonJ and 3 others like this.