New Packs from Mystery Ranch

Discussion in 'Packs, Bags & Pouches' started by LFowler, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:05 PM.

1. LFowler

LFowler Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Mystery Ranch has been releasing a lot of new packs lately, and it is worth taking a peek at their website if you haven't in a while.

One in particular seems worth posting here, the Pop-up 18:

[​IMG]

In its basic configuration it looks like we finally have a hunting/hiking version of the hotshot packs some of us have been asking for for so long. Nice big bottle pockets, some decent lash points, lookin' good.

but it gets better:

[​IMG]

pull the pack away and flip up some aluminum gizmos and you have a hauler frame. This could be a one pack solution if most of the time you do short trips but want to be able to add a dry bag for longer treks, or if you need to transport heavy and bulky items (decoys, tree stands, trail maintenance or homestead tools) but don't need a huge pack bag at the same time.

This probably won't be the load hauler that the larger pack frames are, it is pretty narrow and the frame is not fully rigid like a welded frame. MR's other frames (the Guidelite, NICE, or Terraframe) have a much wider and more stable load platform with better compression, but for the occasional use this might be perfect.

2. Monkeynono

Monkeynono Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have been eyeing that or the Mule, for a new hunting pack.

3. never.truly.lost

never.truly.lost Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well dang. I just got my Hotshot a little before Christmas and this is what I was looking for! I do like the top loading aspect a lot better on the hotshot though vs. the zipper top but that things still looks great. The load shelf capability is a great feature; if not packing out game then for blankets/sleep gear, extra water, etc.
    For a mil aspect that would be a great way to carry a radio or spare MG/mortar rounds.

Midwest.Bushlore likes this.
  4. mtnoutdoors

mtnoutdoors Guide

Blog Posts:
    Looks pretty cool. Prov 27 : 17