new thread about "our" Legacy".

Discussion in 'Wilderness Spirit' started by boomchakabowwow, Feb 12, 2016.

1. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    (this knife deserves it's own thread.)

Brace yourselves people. i just dipped my toe into the wilderness Spirit pool.

Thin Blue Line!! i think it came out perfect. Tim read my mind. here is the post from the other thread.

WHAT A KNIFE. i actually bought it for my brother. of everyone i know, he eclipse everyone with respect to work ethics. he lives and sleeps dedicated to his work. i talked to the head guy over there, and he said.."if i could have 20 more like him..." i was really proud of my younger brother. he isnt the knife fanatic i am, but he does love and appreciate a great knife. a sharp knife. i immediately set out to pick a vender to make one. i went thru EVERYONE. not sure if i could pick one thing about WS that made me go this way. the knife and things surrounding them, feel kinda "grass-roots". sorry i cant explain it. they are beautiful users.

so i ordered a Legacy. i honestly didnt know what it was called..i think i called it his wilderness knife or something and showed him some of your pics. we figured it out. haha.

i cant comment on how it cuts. knife isnt mine, so i cant claim the first cut. but the fit and finish are damn spot on. might be the best feeling handle of all my knives with that classic style. even my co-workers commented on how the handle feels. there are no hard spots on the hand. i wanted to push it into a tree branch bad!! blade is hefty. i think i now understand why some of you like the thicker blade stock. the sheath is fantastic..i bet it wears in like a good pair of boots and look good the entire time. the satin finish..is what i am gonna ask for from now on.

i played with it a bit, snapped a pic and quickly rushed it off to the post office to get it to my brother. he is going to love it, and i cant wait to butcher a wild turkey with it. those pesky leg joints are not gonna stand a chance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rcwells likes this.
  2. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Awesome knife. With as much hate and disrespect that those in the LE field get these days it's nice to see something positive like this.

3. roadwarrior

roadwarrior Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Beautiful, I jumped in the pool as well but I have a Talon from another member on the forum. They are awesome knives, mine was even better than I could imagine when it showed up.

4. Wilderness Spirit

Wilderness Spirit Scout Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to build it for him .

rcwells likes this.
  5. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    my wife asked me this morning, "now you want one for yourself huh?"

houston, we have a problem.

6. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Usual Suspecto Lifetime Supporter

Blog Posts:
    so, when you gonna buy a nice custom keeper for yourself ?

7. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    i have ONE custom keeper so far.

personally, i dont want a lot of knives for myself. i get kinda freaked out when it comes time to choose one to go with me.

i'm gonna shop different steels. next knife will be 3V or something.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. fotomaker57

fotomaker57 Guide

Blog Posts:
    What a wonderful gift to give. I am sure your brother will treasure it for a life time, I know I would. I own a Legacy and can assure you that your initial impression is correct. These knives are beasts.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  9. zman9mm

zman9mm Scout

Blog Posts:
    Such an awesome knife and an awesome gift! Probably one of my most favorite customs on this forum. I have yet to acquire one.... But one day ......

10. boomchakabowwow

boomchakabowwow Guide

Blog Posts:
    My brother loved it. He's not happy with me spending so much $. let's not tell him what a bargain that knife is. Shhhh.

He said it fits his hands perfectly. His hand is bigger than mine. He said he has it at work showing his friends and coworkers. They are blown away and have never seen a LEO themed wilderness knife. All those tactical minded population loved it. Form AND function.

I hope Tim gets many orders for copies!

11. Wilderness Spirit

Wilderness Spirit Scout Vendor Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Really glad to hear your brother likes it and it fits his hand. And good on you for thinking so highly of your brother and giving him a gift like that. I thought it was a pretty cool idea when you asked me about making it.