NJ/NY/PA/CT Regional Day Meet up October 19th 2019?

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Pastor Chris, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Pastor Chris

Pastor Chris Keeper of the T.Darrah Tenkara Pass-Around Hobbyist Supporter Hardwoodsman Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Note from 9/29: Alright, we have had a change in our schedule and we will have to put this in a holding pattern. It is almost certainly that WE WILL NOT be staying over on any night but instead perhaps turning this into a day meet. Sorry about that folks.

Tohickon Valley Park in Bucks County Pa: http://www.buckscounty.org/government/ParksandRecreation/Parks/Tohickon

I have been struggling with various things to put this together, but we have a weekend when Jake and I, at least, will be camping at this park.

Unfortunately, both of the group sites are books, but the rest of the park is free.

Jake and I will be heading over Saturday of this week to scout out a campsite and book it.

We will let you know what site we are on so others who are interested can book sites nearby and we can do the group camping thing in a slightly different way!

This is a great park with easy access and restrooms so everyone will be comfortable. We found the water source there to have a fairly funny taste to it so I would recommend parking your drinking water.

As always, there will be folks hiking, maybe hunting, exploring, and working on various skills. Nothing planned or programmed just some good old fashioned BCUSA fun!

I will update things as they come together.

Paging some of the usual suspects but please tag others who might be interested.

@bobc @Wolfcri @NJHeart2Heart @GreenFrog @hdlv @JV3 @Medic17 @alukban @Sweeneyguy @NVRDONE @adkwalker
    @MommaJ @Sbrody @556mp @Mr. Tettnanger @SarahsBushcraft @Wyanokie @tabasco_joe @Timberdogz @Pathfinder @Chris keating @JerseyDevil22 @designtom
    @alukban @BlueSkyWoman @Badwolf42 @myz @pilsburythrowboy12 @ChocolateSpatula? @Lucas S @Dualsport225
    @Raymond Eisele

Here are links to previous meets here:

https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/nj-ny-pa-regional-meet-up-september-28-30-2018.230488/
    https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threads/nj-ny-pa-regional-meet-up-april-27-29.220078/

[​IMG]L1002816 by Chris Scrivens, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0771 by Chris Scrivens, on Flickr

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. whtshdwwz

whtshdwwz Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Now this one I have to make.....its been a rough year on the job, I have much to be grateful for the it is time to decompress and gain some new friends and skills.

3. NJHeart2Heart

NJHeart2Heart Backyard Bushcrafter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    The WILD suburbs of Morris County, NJ, USA
    Awww.... I was just thinking about you and whether there's an outdoors meetup to be planned! :) I'm not sure if I can come - we've been really busy for weekends last 6 weeks or so, and are in the middle of trying to close on selling our house (will rent local once closed.. bigger dreams and plans in tow..)

but I definitely WANT to, because I miss doing my bushcraft stuff and connecting with the community when I do :) I'll ponder this in the next day or two.

I remember there were a couple individual sites right next to the group site with some trees, but wish I had better photos of those sites so if I go I can choose wisely for a hammock :)

<<<Jake and I will be heading over Saturday of this week to scout out a campsite and book it.>>>
    You think you can take some photos with site IDs to help us hammockers be more informed in our site choice? :)

FYI, friends of our friend George Carr are coordinating what used to be his hammock hang in Pine Barrens in November. I'll post separate but there's a heads up :)

:40::40:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  4. Pastor Chris

Pastor Chris Keeper of the T.Darrah Tenkara Pass-Around Hobbyist Supporter Hardwoodsman Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Yes @NJHeart2Heart I will take some photos and post here. From what I remember, the individual sites have lots of trees for hanging. Jake and I are planning on that.

5. Pastor Chris

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like a perfect reason to make it!

6. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    this sounds great...a quick ?.....do you have to backpack in to the other sites or can you drive your car close?...

bob

CivilizationDropout likes this.
  7. NJHeart2Heart

Blog Posts:
    HI Bob!! :D

8. NJHeart2Heart

Blog Posts:
    Awesome. Thanks :)

9. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    hi Dawn.....how are you?....great to hear from you....

bob

10. Pastor Chris

Blog Posts:
    Each individual site allows two vehicles.

@NJHeart2Heart there are tons of trees for hanging!

11. NJHeart2Heart

Blog Posts:
    Yay!!!! Sounds good! :)

12. NJHeart2Heart

Blog Posts:
    So, I went to the park site and read the rules. You said the group sites were taken. Those are done on a per person basis - non-residents 4/day/person.

However, the family sites, which I assume are the only "individual" sites, are 30/day/site.. Expensive for one person.

Family sites will hold six (6) people and two (2) tents. Group camping capacity varies - minimum ten (10) people per group site. Two (2) vehicles per tent site. Four (4) vehicles per group site. All other vehicles must park in the main parking lot.
    Non-resident
    Family Campsites - 6 people maximum : $30.00/day/site
    Group Camping - 10 or more people : $4.00/day/person

@Pastor Chris can we double/triple up on sites?

13. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    pastor chris..thanks for the info....count me in.....although i won’t be staying over night.....will you be there on friday?

bob

14. Pastor Chris

Blog Posts:
    Alright, we have had a change in our schedule and we will have to put this in a holding pattern. It is almost certainly that WE WILL NOT be staying over on any night but instead perhaps turning this into a day meet. Sorry about that folks.

bobc and CivilizationDropout like this.
  15. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    day meet works.....the main focus is bushcraft fellowship.....friday or saturday works for me....

bob

16. NJHeart2Heart

Blog Posts:
    Actually that's ok with me. I just found out that it looks like MOVING DAY (from house to local apartment) will be that weekend, so definitely not going to work for me. I'm going to try to find a local park to do a solo overnight.

17. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    is this going to work out as a day event?...or should we just cancel.....

bob.

18. Pastor Chris

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, been a busy week of travel for me and still not home. Going to have to cancel this particular event.

I’ll be scheduling a carving meet soon though hopefully!

NJHeart2Heart likes this.
  19. bobc

bobc Scout

Blog Posts:
    thanks for all you do...no problem.....carving meet with buffalo chicken dip...i’m there....

bob

NJHeart2Heart likes this.