On It's Way

Discussion in 'Hammocks' started by mangorockfish, Dec 20, 2018.

1. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    Got word today my new hammock is on its way. Woohoo!!!!

2. to Ha

to Ha Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Whatcha get?

3. Wesleypipesyo

Wesleypipesyo Scout

Blog Posts:
    Gotta get out and use it!!!

Red Wing and woodsmanjohn like this.
  4. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    It's supposed to arrive 26th and we are heading to our river house the 26th also. If it does arrive I'll try it out up there.

woodsmanjohn likes this.
  5. to Ha

to Ha Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    But you still haven't told us WHAAAAAT you ordered!!! Which hammock? We love gear :)

Red Wing likes this.
  6. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, I received it the 24th. It is the Dream Hammock Raven, double layer, net and over cover with an underquilt protector in dark olive. Now for the cool part. My stepson and wife got me the Sparrow with net from Dream, so now I have two. I have an email in to Dream on going with an over cover and underquilt protector or a sock for this one. Any suggestions from you guys/gals?

Red Wing likes this.
  7. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    OK, check this out, WHAT A DEAL!! As stated in the previous post I received a Dream Sparrow for Christmas from my stepson and his wife, "the kids", the same day I received my Raven that I bought. Neither of us knew the other was coming. When I got the Sparrow, it only had a net overcover and was single layer. It was one DH already had made and was ready to ship. I contacted DH to see if they would put an inside layer in and make me an overcover. Sure, no problem, but the second layer would just be sewn in and not integrated into the build and wouldn't add any strength to the hammock. DH contacted me yesterday and said it was finished and ready to ship. I asked Deanna how it turned out and she said that it turned out great. However, they didn't think it would turn out the way they would want it to by just sewing the inside layer in so they kept my RTS hammock and built me a new double layer at no additional cost. These folks are fantastic to work with and apparently will do any and every thing to help a customer get what they are wanting.
    If a new hammock is in your future, do look at Dream Hammocks before you buy. You won't be sorry. Now, to wait for the postal service.

8. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    I've been up at the river house now for a week for some R&R and will be heading back home Tuesday. When I get there, my "new" Sparrow hammock from Dream Hammocks, see above post, should be setting in the PO. Can't wait. It'll be like Christmas in March.

Wesleypipesyo likes this.
  9. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    Well, my new Dream Hammock Sparrow came flying in today. It is one they custom made for me as opposed to just sewing in a second layer like I special ordered. Also, received an overcover for it and reflective zipper pulls. Looking forward to getting it set up.

10. NJHeart2Heart

NJHeart2Heart Backyard Bushcrafter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    The WILD suburbs of Morris County, NJ, USA
    So, have you gotten it out for a test hang yet?
    Just had my first hammock practice this past weekend - first made for camping hammock, and it was exciting (but really COLD) setting up for first time!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Red Wing likes this.
  11. mangorockfish

mangorockfish Scout

Blog Posts:
    Haven't done the first hang yet. Been working on getting my big truck ready to get back on the road and time has been at a premium. I know that's no excuse, but it's the best I could come up with. LOL