Overnight March 10-11 X post

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by BeardedBunk, Jan 7, 2018.

1. BeardedBunk

BeardedBunk Outdoorsman

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone looking for a do an overnight with a buddy of mine @JoeMez. We know our way around a campsite but looking to go somewhere within 3 or 4 hours away from southern jersey. Also want to not be a campground looking for a semi short hike and set up primitive site with water source near by... anyway if you have any ideas as to where we could go please comment. Thanks in advance

JoeMez - 1

Total: 1

NJHeart2Heart likes this.
  2. Sticks N' Stones

Sticks N' Stones Scout

Blog Posts:
    I'm assuming your talking about public land? I've never camped there, but you might want to try Stokes State Forest. According to Google maps it should take just under 3 hours to get their and it has the Delaware running through it. If you want to get away from camp grounds just go through the trails someway and just break off to wherever seems fit. If you want to try and get a spot with a water source you could use the gps on your phone to look. Easy way to find a water source without having to read the land.

BeardedBunk and JoeMez like this.
  3. BeardedBunk

BeardedBunk Outdoorsman

Blog Posts:
    Public land is what I was looking for but now that you say that I wonder if anyone on here would be willing to let us use their property and make bushcraft style shelters and such... the thing is no one on here knows me from Adam so allowing us to use their property would be asking a lot.

JoeMez likes this.
  4. BeardedBunk

BeardedBunk Outdoorsman

Blog Posts:
    Update: March 9-11 we will be driving up March 9th from South Jersey to Denning RD. in the nerversink. Arrival ETA between 0900 and 1000 EST. From there hike to the primitive campsite. Depending on weather and what condition the site is in and water location, we may continue to hike up to the shelter. After we arrive we can make camp and hunker down for the night. The next morning we will hike to Table and Peekamoose mountains both above 3500 feet elevation. Hike back to camp and complete the tasks for Bushcraft Class 1. Finish out the night and hike out the next morning. Feel free to come up and join!

TrailJack and JoeMez like this.