1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

P2P

Discussion in 'Events' started by 3Rotts, Dec 17, 2016.

1. 3Rotts

3Rotts Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Primitive to Prepper, being held by I believe North American Bushcraft School in West Virginia.

Anyone familiar with it? Anyone from here going?

It's not far from me in NoVA. Thinking about hiking the AT up to it and hanging out for the weekend.

Anyone else?

bodhran4me likes this.
  2. 3Rotts

Blog Posts:
    No one has even heard of it?

3. basher1981

basher1981 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    nope but interested... Im in MD

4. 3Rotts

Blog Posts:
    It looks like North American Bushcraft holds this every year from their web site info.

If I find out any more info, I'll post it here.

5. RangerBaloo

RangerBaloo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Hey 3Rotts, I haven't specifically been to "P2P" but I have been out to NABS for both a weeklong "Primitive Skills Immersion Course," and their Autumn gathering, the "Mountaincraft and Music Festival." I can't speak highly enough of my experiences out there. The School is run by Jason Drevenak, who was the head instructor down at the Nantahala Outdoor Center Wilderness Survival School for several years before he decided to move back home to WV. Drev is a gifted teacher and an all-around standup guy. (I may be biased because he's a fellow Army vet, but seriously he's good people.) Both the course I took with him and the Festival were well-planned, smooth-running events. The "Mountaincraft and Music Festival" also drew some absolutely amazing instructors - NABS definitely punches above its weight as a relatively new school, thanks to Drev's industry contacts and strong reputation. I'll definitely be out at P2P for at least Saturday and Sunday, and if I can get off work Friday I'll be out then as well. Hope that's helpful!

bodhran4me and Broke like this.
  6. 3Rotts

Blog Posts:
    Almost here. Anybody else going?

7. 3Rotts

Blog Posts:
    My scheduled changed but looks like I will make it out tomorrow.