I have been doing a good deal of camping with the family this past month. Came across this little bugger... I knew some caterpillars are poisonous but not sure which ones. My gut told me to stay away and I was right. After a bit of searching its a Hickory Tussock Moth Caterpillar. It's toxic. Exposure can cause a contact dermatitis, similar to urushiol (Poison Ivy). The rash looks very similar to a contact with poison ivy. The little tiny barbs on their back dig into the skin. Real nasty if they get in the mouth or eyes. -You will need a doctor. Treatment is similar to Poison Ivy. But- You can try to remove the microscopic hairs with strong tape or bikini style waxing. Antihistamines (Benadryl) and Hydrocortisone will help the itch. Steroids may be needed for heavier exposure. On a similar note A product called Zanfel is AWESOME for Poison Ivy. My daughter got a bad case of it and it really helped the symptoms. Its expensive. $30 But worth every penny.