1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL - Changing the thread closing rule.

Discussion in 'Monthly Projects' started by Zig, Jun 1, 2012.

?

Choose a "thread closing rule."

Poll closed Jun 15, 2012.
  1. Continue to CLOSE Monthly Project threads at the end of the month.

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Leave Monthly Project threads OPEN at the end of the month.

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Continue to close threads and begin a "Late Entries" thread where any project can be posted.

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zig

Zig Guide

Blog Posts:
    I suppose it'd be easy enough for me to just stop closing the thread for a project at the end of the month, but I wanted to see what all the people participating think.

On the one hand, the set deadline does force us to get our projects done in a timely manner.

On the other hand, this isn't work, we aren't getting paid, and we should be able to relax and have no stress as we get our projects finished. If they weren't closed, it'd open the door for other people to participate long after we've moved on.

There is a third option as well... A late entries thread. This thread would give everyone the opportunity to post up their results of any of the Monthly Projects at any time.

I'll set the poll to stay open for 2 weeks, that way we can get a good amount of votes and still have time to adjust for July.

Thanks for voting everyone. Please post a response of some kind if you have an idea.

2. buroak

buroak Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I like the “Continue to close threads and begin a “Late Entries” thread where any project can be posted” because it gives a clear cutoff for the end of each month. Then new projects can be announced at the beginning of the next month. Plus, this leaves open the opportunity to post any past project when finished.

3. GreyOne

GreyOne Elder Lifetime Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Not being an active participant, I can only offer an opinion, not a vote, but I think Buroak nailed it in one. The "Late entries" thread gives an opportunity for anyone wanting to add a post, while keeping the monthly projects self contained.

4. buroak

buroak Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Please think about this people. If the project threads are left open at the end of the month, the Monthly Project thread will no longer exist. There will be no deadline to look forward to resulting in less participation.

5. skummdogg

skummdogg Scout

Blog Posts:
    Im on tapatalk now, ill vote later. I know I'm new here, but I think they should close end of the month. After all they are a monthly project... I also like the idea of having the late entry thread just in case. That way people can either find it a little late and complete it, or if something comes up and they cannot complete it in time, they can still post it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.