Possible natural cancer treatment?

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by Northernhunter, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Northernhunter

Northernhunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    I found this interesting article about dandelions curing different kinds of cancer. Has anyone heard of this before? If the information in this article is accurate this could be a total game changer for many people. Here is the link to the article. I think it's well worth reading.
    http://www.cancertutor.com/dandelionroot/

On a side note a native woman has claimed that taking a tablespoon of crushed spruce sap every 12 hours has cured her of cancer. Here is the link to her story as well.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/first-nations-woman-claims-spruce-gum-cured-cancer-1.2988970

Anyway like I said if this information is accurate there a many people out there that could use this information. Sounds like a better thing to try rather than chemo to me.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

2. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    Yes. I've read this article in the past. Here are a couple more:

http://dailyhealthpost.com/dandelion-root-kills-cancer-cells/

http://reset.me/story/dandelion-root-kills-cancer-cells-in-lab-tests/

I have a family member who is dealing with some issues right now who is taking: Turmeric, Black (Cumin) Seed Oil and Dandelion root.

These are the top 3 natural cancer fighters IMO.

3. Vanitas

Vanitas Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Not that I don't think natural treatments might be out there but I remember reading a study about all the people who died from cancer bouncing from natural treatment to natural treatment from cancers that are easily curable with chemo if you don't wait a long time. It was a ridiculously high amount of people who died compared to those who just went and did treatment in the first place. Those who didn't die had to go through harsher treatments due to waiting in some cases a year or more for a natural treatment to work. I'm not saying whether you or a family member should or shouldn't, that is a personal choice imo. If these treatments reliably worked someone would or will develop them as some companies are with the good ol mary jane. Personally I'll put my faith in modern medicine as they have increased the average life expectancy substantially. Hell, it's cancer... it could kill you... I'd be doing both the chemo and the natural treatments at the same time (which I've read some doctors have suggested doing both).

4. Northernhunter

Northernhunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    I agree Vanitas.
    I think it was Steve jobs ( the apple computer guy ) that died from a very curable cancer because he would only do natural remedies. If he would have gotten treated by modern medicine in the first place he would still be alive today.

I wouldn't doubt that some natural remedies do work though . After all a lot of natural remedies work a lot better than some of the modern crap out there. I have seen what chemo does to people though. If I had cancer and not a good chance of surviving even after chemo I would say screw it and use the natural remedies. I would rather go out like that than bed ridden and sick to my stomach wishing I was dead from the chemo.

5. injun51

injun51 Guide

Blog Posts:
    My thought is, the powers that be have had the cure for years but will never allow it out for the simple fact that cancer is a multi trillion dollar a year business. And before I get reprimanded for a political post, I will take my conspiracy theories and go.

Medic17 likes this.
  6. Woods Walker

Woods Walker Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
  7. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Steve Jobs died from pancreatic cancer. The 5 year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is about 4%. Granted his was a far less aggressive type, but still not something easy to cure. I've survived three battles so far with metastatic thyroid cancer, with a long term survival rate of about 45%. If I wasn't fortunate enough to have the head of John's Hopkins head and neck cancer dept as my surgeon 5 years ago I wouldn't be typing this. I'm sure there are natural substances that would be effective at dealing with specific types of cancer for specific individuals, but until they find and prove it I'll take my chances with modern medicine.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  8. Konocti7

Konocti7 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    injun51

No need to post and run. The fact is there are many natural and synthetic (man-made) adjuncts for treating cancer. Different cancers have different triggers that cause them. They are also different in how fast and how inter-active they are. The sad state of affairs today is that most health care has been basically subcontracted to large companies who profit from the very illness. I know many individuals in that system who are working to help as much as they can. As you said it is a very large and profitable business. Prior to AID's and HIV, cancer was the single most profitable disease in the history of mankind.

The issue is the amount of effort it takes to actually become informed and know when to use natural treatments, when to use chemo, and when to use the combinations. In summary - all should know that in the USA just about 95% of ALL health care monies are spent in the last 6 months of a person's life. In the BILLION's spent to treat cancer it has gone from being about 1 in a 100 to 1 in 3. The true cause is not being researched. Research is almost entirely on "treatment" as that is where the money and the profit is.

During 2015 there were 3 new cancer drugs approved in the US. The MONTHLY cost for these was from about $12,000 per month to $14,500 per month. The average difference in life-span under these drugs was 10 weeks! No, I won't bother to dig out the reference. If anybody wish's to disagree they can simply search google, pubMed, etc.

I would not say there is a "conspiracy" but there is a "perfect storm" in the flux of profits for drugs and the expanding need for them.

Back to the original post - many natural remedies work by up-regulating the immune system, changing the internal cellular environment to be non conducive to cancer or removing the energy source that feeds the cancer. Our immune system is always attempting to destroy the cancer. The only time this is not occurring is when "epigenetic" factors (outside the genetics and cellular internal function environment) either shut off immune function or shut of the trigger for cell apoptosis (genetic controlled cell death in the case of abnormal cells) or they block these functions and some may actually enhance the function of the out of control cancer cell.

I apologize for my brief rant but I have close friends who have died under this system and the entirety of it - from research, to treatment needs to be worked on and viewed from an honest and ethical perspective. I happen to work in the field of health care.

9. Togus

Togus Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Being a nurse I feel compelled to chime in here. First, people and cancer have way too many variables to say what worked for one person will work for you, or another. There are countless forms of cancer, with stages and varying degrees of complexity. Second, its easy to say what one would do or wouldn't do when not actually facing a diagnosis. Third, people take the term "natural" to mean it's harmless or without side effects. Simply not true. The decision to forgo more traditional medical interventions in favor of "natural" ones is a personal decision and one not to be taken lightly. The problem is there is so little room for error. Some cancers are fast growing and quickly metastasize, where as others are slow growing and may not require aggressive treatments. Chemotherapies have been proven to work. Side effects yes, but not everybody experiences side effects or experiences them severely. If one chooses to ingest spruce sap and dandelions instead of chemo and / or radiation that's their choice, but if their cancer advances and metastasizes they may have no options chemo, "natural", or otherwise. To say one would rather take "natural" remedies than suffer from chemo treatments has never had cancer. Cancer can take time to cause death, and often comes with ravaging disabling pain, systemic disturbances, organ failure, wasting and profound weight loss, weakness, and many other maladies that make the side effects from chemo seem like kids play.

Medic17 and ScoutDoc like this.
  10. MarkW

MarkW Scout

Blog Posts:
    If I or a loved one contracted cancer, I would spend some serious energy investigating Sodium dichloroacetate (DCA). It has been proven to be beneficial at times, however as alluded to by others there is no profit in it. DCA has already been approved as a drug for a different treatment and the patent has run out, so it is already available and cheap hence no profit in it for anyone.

Here is one study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23263938

Abstract

The uptake of fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography in the tumors of various cancer types demonstrates the key role of glucose in the proliferation of cancer. Dichloroacetate is a 2-carbon molecule having crucial biologic activity in altering the metabolic breakdown of glucose to lactic acid. Human cell line studies show that dichloroacetate switches alter the metabolomics of the cancer cell from one of glycolysis to oxidative phosphorylation, and in doing so restore mitochondrial functions that trigger apoptosis of the cancer cell. Reports of dichloroacetate in human subjects are rare. The authors contacted individuals from Internet forums who had reported outstanding anti-cancer responses to self-medication with dichloroacetate. With informed consent, complete medical records were requested to document response to dichloroacetate, emphasizing the context of monotherapy with dichloroacetate. Of ten patients agreeing to such an evaluation, only one met the criteria of having comprehensive clinic records as well as pathology, imaging and laboratory reports, along with single agent therapy with dichloroacetate. That individual is the focus of this report. In this case report of a man with documented relapse after state-of-the-art chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a significant response to dichloroacetate is documented with a complete remission, which remains ongoing after 4 years. Dichloroacetate appears to be a novel therapy warranting further investigation in the treatment of cancer.

11. Konocti7

Konocti7 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Northernhunter - You might want to research what you have been lead to believe is "a very curable cancer".

Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) database of the National Cancer Institute - their data base shows a 12 percent survival to the end of one year.

The fact is this is a VERY bad cancer and does not have good outcomes. Some forms of cancer do but pancreatic cancer is not one of them. From the point of diagnosis many die within 6 weeks no matter what treatment. I will assume it is incorrect information that leads you to believe that "If he would have gotten treated by modern medicine in the first place he would still be alive today."

I am not against modern cancer treatment. All cancers are not the same and all treatments do not always have much better outcomes.

Just for you to know, the pancreas, (and he had pancreatic cancer) is not an organ we can live without and not an organ we can transplant. By the time there are symptoms it is basically a set outcome and treatment or not we are usually dealing with a difference of months or weeks. I can agree we should do everything possible but we must also be very realistic in what is truly possible.

Overnight in the White Mountains of New England with 100mp winds and below zero and all you have is your coat is not likely to increase your odds of survival beyond minutes or hours. I appreciate the viewpoint and input of all but I also would like people to be realistic in their estimates and understanding of what they have been told. I would hope and expect that you don't take this personally as I value your input here even if I don't fully agree with it. We are a group of people with a common interest related to bushcrafting and thus we all have difference education, experience and ideas from one another.

12. DrK

DrK Scout

Blog Posts:
    A problem with both natural remedies and chemotherapy is that they can both be offered as false hope. It's hard to talk about an end of life diagnosis and people and their families can be very vulnerable to unproven treatments. These treatments can do harm and can rob people of quality time during their remaining days. Charlatans aside, the people offering these treatments have good intent but I think a better thing for them to do is to talk to the person about the end of their life. They can ask if the pros and cons of the treatment they are suggesting aligns with what's important for the person and if the person would rather forego treatment if the risks to their remaining days is too great. Not easy to talk about, but important.

Medic17 likes this.
  13. Konocti7

Konocti7 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    DrK - What you wrote is so true. I had a dear friend whom I found had cancer. She lived 2 years beyond what they expected but her main goal was in quality of life. I know that would be my first concern. My wife and I have already had this conversation and we are in agreement as to how our health should be handled if we find ourselves at this decision. When one really sees that with or without treatment many of these conditions are a difference of weeks or a few months then the choice between quality of life or 2 months may be done in proper context. Thank you for your input.

14. Northernhunter

Northernhunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sorry i used the wrong words i guess. I was just trying to say it was currable from what I have read in early stages. I dont know what kind if cancer he had. But from what i heard he refused modern cancer trestments and wanted a natural treatment.

15. Brook Trout

Brook Trout Scout

Blog Posts:
    It seems reasonable to me that there are likely some instances in which a natural remedy might be comparable, or better, than modern medicine. It also seems a likely to me that there are many cases in which modern medicine is superior. What bothers me is that I don't think we currently have an environment or infratrucure that is conducive to optimizing society's overall health outcome. While I may be mistaken (and would welcome information to the contrary), it seems tht our current system is inherently biased toward man-made remedies that can be patented and , therefore, highly profitable for one exclusive entity. From what I have read, the costs associated with testing natural remedies currently far outweigh the benefits that could be reaped from conclusively confirming the efficacy of a natural remedy--given the fact that the companies cannot pantent a natural remedy. Perhaps there is something fundamentally flawed in this argument, but I have come across nothing thus far.

Medic17 likes this.
  16. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Scout

Blog Posts:
    There is strong evidence out there to support a diet based cancer treatment. The 16 yr old son of a family friend cured his own leukemia by eating a raw, organic, plant-based diet for nearly a year. After 6 months of the diet, there was no sign in his body that the cancer was ever there.

17. Konocti7

Konocti7 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Northernhunter -I fully understand. All of us are being mislead by the daily media, the "peer reviewed" journals and the average doctor. The fact is he did refuse modern treatments but that does mean the outcome would have been any different other than a week or two. Having witnessed people going through "modern" treatment of chemo and radiation I can assure many have told me they would rather have not. My own aunt has been through this and told me point blank if her cancer came back she would NOT do chemo and radiation and go through that again.

Any of us, in that condition, must evaluate our life, versus what we are willing to go through to extend the life of the body a few months or years. I am not here to tell others what their decision should be. I did not get any harm or animosity in your post. I just wanted to give some additional data.

All of us are born, live our life and at some time it comes to an ending. I just have an issue with the amount of profit made by some to extend this ending a matter of weeks or months when many times it is a complete waste of an entire financial estate of the family concerned. Doctors should be honest in the evaluations and the patient should be allowed to excercise their personal integrity of wishes as to what should be done.

You, I, all on this forum, are not ignorant dumb people. We should have access to the full data, given in a manner we can understand, for us to make our own personal decisions and control our outcomes.

Please do not think I have any issue with you personally, as I don't. You care enough to post and I appreciate and acknowledge that caring. If I give information to the contrary need not decrease your desire to help by stating what you know. Post away and feel free to do so. Just don't get personal if someone, like me, gives additional information which may appear contrary. We may both be correct in our assumptions. What I value on this forum is the number of people who care enough to post and to share their experiential data and information. That is the true value and not "agreement" to each other. I like that we want to enjoy our lives as free individuals enjoying the outdoors, nature, interaction with others on the blog - and yes even disagreement.

All is well my friend. I only wish you to have a good day and continue to be here and participate. I learn from this group. Thank you.

18. WisconsinEric

WisconsinEric Scout

Blog Posts:
    Chris Wark is a 11yr survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, and he did not take chemo or radiation against the will of his Doctors. He has a YouTube channel called ChrisBeatCancer Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisbeatcancer

Geoffrey likes this.
  19. LazyPK

LazyPK Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    eating meat is a huge cause of colon cancer. I am not too surprised that a vegan diet helped him, but he did have surgery to have the tumor removed.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  20. haunted

haunted Scout

Blog Posts:
    never forget garlic!

21. Ajax13

Ajax13 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Know what they call alternative medicines that work?

"Medicine."

Geoffrey likes this.
  22. Seacapt.

Seacapt. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Or Chaga tea.

Geoffrey likes this.
  23. basher1981

basher1981 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    He had Pancreatic Cancer.... The type he had was more treatable than the Patrick Swayze type and he did try natural methods first. He also had a liver transplant.

24. Gumbi

Gumbi Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I would bet dollars to donuts that the amount of sugar and corn syrup that we consume plays a huge role in the development of cancer.

I just wonder about GMOs, too. The number of food allergies in America has exploded in the last 30 years.

25. Seacapt.

Blog Posts:
    Yummy, corn syrup and sugar, anybody parked outside of a Walmart entrance recently? Also gotta love that #2 red food dye in their ground beef. Thank goodness their also marketing experts and sell polyester stretch pants on the other side of the store. You are what you eat.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  26. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    Only if they can patent it.

If they can't make obscene profits on it, it is called "snake oil" and lumped together with things that really don't work.

27. WisconsinEric

WisconsinEric Scout

Blog Posts:
    I agree 100% And I would like to add that animals are what they eat too, and we can't build health livestock for meats from crappy Genetically Modified grains including estrogen raising Soy, and corn that has been bred for sugar content for ethanol production with the silage from that GMO corn being fed to livestock.

Food is Medicine, and Locally Raised Grass Fed organic Beef and Soy Free organic eggs are two of my favorite medicines.

28. backlasher

backlasher Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    If you have Netflix, an interesting documentary is Food Matters. Natural remedies are often effective but they aren't profitable.

29. Goshawk Pastoralism

Goshawk Pastoralism Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. All I can think of is the trees in my front yard attacked by spruce budworm. Many of the older spruce, white and hybrid, drown out the budworm - often sacrificing themselves in the process. Many of the young trees survived, and some of the older, but over 60 died.

Perhaps the gum works in a similar in the body, going after the intruder and drowning it out. Totally unscientific anecdote, but it's what I think of.

I like chewing on the gum when chopping wood.

30. NorthernOwl

NorthernOwl Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I believe that if there is a natural cure for cancer and a big company found out they would do everything in there power to keep it quiet and issue false statements about it (it's been done multiple times in other areas)

I have read good things about chaga that is found growing on birch trees and have since been drinking multiple cups of chaga tea daily

31. Seacapt.

Blog Posts:
    Have you noticed better breathing and increased windage after a month or so of Chaga tea like myself and a lot of others did?

32. NorthernOwl

NorthernOwl Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I hadn't really notice but i am breathing very good recently

33. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    This is happening live time.

A close family member went to see a doctor regarding certain problems.

The doctor had a CAT scan taken. There were problems with a number of organs. The most critical of these was the pancreas.

It took about 6-8 weeks before that individual was able to see one of (maybe the) top doctor in our state.

Last week, that doctor went in with a camera and took a number of biopsy samples of the pancreas while he was looking at things. The biopsies were sent for analysis.

We wanted the doctor to level with us. That individual was told that it looked like a form--but not the real aggressive form that kills you quickly--of pancreatic cancer. It was a death sentence.

I got a call this morning. The biopsy results were back. The individual was told that while there were abnormal cells present, it was not cancer. There is still one other organ that has to be examined, but this news was like a stay of execution.

So why am I telling you all this?

First, there was a whole lot of prayer going on--and I believe in the power of prayer.

But the good Lord also gave us his healing herbs.

During the 6-8 week period between the CAT scan and the biopsies, that individual took three herbs that I told them about while going forward with the diagnostic part of conventional treatment. It was cheap and they figured it couldn't hurt.

The three herbs were:

1. Turmeric with Curcumin--8 caps., 3x/day (or more).

2. Black (Cumin) Seed Oil--1 Tbs., 3x/day.

3. Dandelion Root--6 caps., 3x/day.

Anecdotal? Partly--but we had a CAT scan, blood work and a top doctor in the field and they were all pointing to cancer. Conclusive enough for a statistical study? No.

But this family is very grateful and thinks that these healing herbs had a lot to do with it. Three of the four organs that were problematic have not been cancerous. One other organ still needs more investigation but we are optimistic.

Your prayers would still be appreciated.

I urge anybody dealing with cancer to at least look into these herbs. Talk to your doctor and tell him that you would like to include them in your treatment if you think they're worth a try. They're cheap. They help with all kinds of other things as well.

Geoffrey likes this.
  34. woods_life

woods_life Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Harper- I always appreciate your input, my wife is an herbalist and we have chosen a lifestyle a lot different than mainstream America. We are often ridiculed and laughed at but we hold strong and know that our Creator put other organisms in his world so that we could enjoy it longer. We'll be praying for you and your loved one.

Geoffrey likes this.
  35. Walt Kowalski

Walt Kowalski Scout

Blog Posts:
    I intend, at a future time to post a full account of my own experience with dealing with cancer. I am just going to need the time to put it all into words with a all of the details.

But here is my story in brief:

On November 25 of last year, I had to undergo an emergency surgery to remove a bowel blockage, that had it not been immediately addressed, would most certainly have resulted in my death. A tumor was removed from my colon, along with 20 centimeters of the colon itself...and some 34 lymph nodes, 4 of which had the presence of cancer cells. I was diagnosed with a stage 3b adenocarcinoma. No cancer was detected at the time anywhere else in my body. I was fitted with a colostomy bag at the time.

Following the surgery, while still in the hospital, an oncologist came in to discuss with me further treatment options. At time time, he explained to me that I had a 40-60% chance that the cancer would not recur if I did nothing at all. He went on to recommend that I begin to undergo chemotherapy as soon as i had sufficiently recovered from the initial surgery. At that time, I asked him that if I did that, to what degree would that increase my odds. He told me that with what he had in mind (3 separate courses of chemo with up to 12 sessions per course) my odds would increase to approximately 70%. To my way of thinking, I really believed those to be miserable odds. I would probably be enduring as much as a year of chemotherapy and the detrimental effects of it on my body in order to raise my odds about 20% at best.

The oncologist explained to me that if the cancer returned, it would most likely recur in my liver.

I elected to pursue alternative treatment methods.

I began doing a lot of research (yes....lots of Internet research) and began using a broad range of herbs and nutritional supplements that not only have been shown to be effective against cancer, but to make my body chemistry more hostile to cancer, as well as ramp up my immune system.

The immediate effect of all this has been to restore my physical condition to a degree that I feel better than I have felt in 10 years. During my 11 day hospital stay during my surgery, they had to treat me at the same time for elevated blood pressure. (more on this later) Since the surgery, I have resumed a full work schedule and significantly increased my daily exercise level. Prior to the discovery of colon cancer, for the previous two years, I would come home in the afternoon and literally crash and sleep for 2 or 3 hours. Since I began my regimen, this has not been necessary. My energy levels have been through the roof.

Now....to bring this up to date, this past week I went back into the hospital again to have a reversal of the colostomy and get me put back together again. The surgery went extremely well, and I just returned home from the hospital yesterday afternoon and am recovering at home. Aside from the expected pain, I feel absolutely great.

But here is what is most important to me......

Prior to the surgery, my doctor ordered a full range of tests to see if cancer had spread or if there were markers for cancer activity in my system. When the test results came back, there were no indications of cancer in my system at all. All tests were negative. Additionally, my surgeon performed a sigmoidoscopy and another colonoscopy through the stoma that had been created during my first surgery in November. While he discovered and removed two small polyps (both of which were benign), no other tumors were found. My surgeon indicated that I would not need another colonoscopy for 3 years.

Now.....I understand that there is the possibility that what has happened with me might well have happened had I pursued absolutely nothing at all. Those were the odds. 40-60% BUT....I also know that had I followed the advice of the oncologist, I would doubtless now be undergoing his recommended course of chemotherapy and I would not be in the position where I am....put back together and on the road to complete recovery.

I understand that chemotherapy helps some people. And perhaps in some cases, it may be the only alternative. (It will never be for me, but that's my personal choice). My personal opinion of chemotherapy is that in many cases, they are simply trying to kill the cancer before they kill you. Chemo is poison. And that is undeniable.

My future plans are to continue the course that I am pursuing. I have drastically altered my diet and lifestyle. And the herbs and supplements I take will be a permanent part of my daily regimen.

Oh.....and remember the issue I had with my blood pressure? Well....during my stay in the hospital this past week, my blood pressure averaged about 135/66. I'm 62 years old, and take no medication for blood pressure. Like I said....this was a side benefit.

I feel the biggest challenge I face right now is to not overdo it. I'm confident that if I were not still dealing with some pain issues, I would be sorely tempted to go jump on the bike and do 20 miles or so. Otherwise, I actually feel like I could do it right now.

This is my own personal experience. I am making no recommendations......and I am not claiming that what I have done has cured my cancer. But I don't believe that I have cancer at this time.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  36. Ajax13

Ajax13 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Know what they call alternative medicines that work? "Medicines".

37. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    I wish that was true.

But there is no money it.

38. LazyPK

LazyPK Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Just don't try and pray it away.

39. Walt Kowalski

Walt Kowalski Scout

Blog Posts:
    I believe you hit on two of the biggies.

Cancer is an environmental and lifestyle disease to a great extent. There is not a doubt in my mind that what we eat plays a HUGE part in whether or not we get cancer.

40. J. Galt

J. Galt Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Interesting thread. Thank you to those that are sharing.

Cancer in the US in an interesting thing. It is ~ more prevalent here than anywhere else in the world and only in the recent decades. Why.

On a similar note. There are only two industries in the US that have successfully lobbied to be exempt from being sued. For one, I would speculate that there was a huge fear of being held accountable for causing the cancer epidemic in the US. For the other, it was being held accountable for causing something else we are yet to realize.

People in the US would probably be well served incorporating anti cancer oil/herbs/etc in to their diets from birth. I am working towards doing it myself.

41. Seacapt.

Blog Posts:
    It's only in the last decades since the 60s or so that Americans have been brainwashed by the media mostly TV (remember Wonder Bread) to eat chemically produced instant and false foods instead of the real deal. Even the poorest nations citizens eat more fresh vegetables and unprocessed meat in a month than the average American does in a year.

ffchris likes this.
  42. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    I am glad to hear that things have worked out for you. It's good to hear stories like this.

I'm sure that you know it, but for those who don't, you want to eat as organic as possible. Many of the GMO crops have a toxin spliced into the plant itself which is designed to literally burst the intestines of pests--that's how it kills them. To my knowledge, there have been no long term studies of the effects on the human gut Also, it not just about what you eat. It is also about what you eat, eats (e.g.--Feed for cows). Again, you want to go as organic as possible.

http://www.naturalnews.com/050985_Monsanto_gut_microbes_legal_liability.html

You also mention that you are dealing with pain issues. Turmeric is extremely effective in fighting inflammation.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your story.

I wish you continued good health.

43. Vanitas

Vanitas Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    So just as an FYI, they are experimenting with electric impulses that kill cancer tumors and cells. It messes with the ability to uptake nutrients in cancer cells thus starving them to death. It doesn't harm noncancerous cells because noncancerous cells have more resistance to them.

44. Walt Kowalski

Walt Kowalski Scout

Blog Posts:
    I take curcumin....which is a derivative of turmeric I believe.

Just prior to my surgery, I had to stop all of my supplements over concerns that some of them are blood thinners. I have just resumed my regimen today. Hopefully, the curcumin will help with this.

Thanks for your suggestion.

By the way....Dandelion is also one of the herbs I am taking.

The curcumin I take also has black pepper extract, which is supposed to enhance the absorption of the curcumin.

45. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
    A very good friend of mine was diagnosed with prostate cancer last autumn. He's been on a diet that's heavy on pomegranates, and found out yesterday his PSA had dropped a point in the last couple of months. I can't believe how many guys I know who have or have had prostate cancer, crazy.

46. Pablocito

Pablocito Scout

Blog Posts:
    Most men that die in their 60's or older die WITH prostate cancer not FROM prostate cancer. The prevalence is greater than most people realize. Fortunately most forms of prostate cancer are very slow to develop and never pose a concern before the man dies of other causes.

ScoutDoc likes this.
  47. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I was talking with my doc a few years back and he basically said if you're a man and you live long enough eventually you will probably develop prostate cancer.

48. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    Yes, curcumin is (one of) the active ingredient(s) in turmeric. But studies have shown that turmeric in its whole form is better for a wider array of things than curcumin alone. I take turmeric with extra curcumin added for a 1-2 effect. Black pepper does work synergystically with turmeric and does aid the absorption. One of the problems with turmeric is that the body doesn't absorb it well in its pure form. I spread it out to 3x/day to help avoid some of that. Also, good oils can aid in its absorption.

You should also look into the Black (Cumin) Seed Oil I mentioned. In addition, you might want to look at Dr. Christopher's Lower Bowel formula later down the road when things are more normal. It helps to both cleanse and nourish the bowels.

Thanks for the feedback on dandelion. It is also extremely good for the liver.

49. Walt Kowalski

Walt Kowalski Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for that info. I may just add tumeric to my regimen as well.

I had not heard of black cumin seed oil. I will look into that.

I'm taking dandelion in capsule form as well as drinking dandelion tea.

I'm taking numerous other nutritional supplements as well. To date, I have had no adverse reactions with any of them. I'm taking 5000 i.u.'s of Vitamin D3 with K2, as well as various omegas. Oh....and ginger root. Taking that too. Some of what I am taking specifically targets keeping the liver detoxified and functioning well.

As I stated in my initial post on this thread, my energy level has gone through the roof over the past 5 months.

I am now looking at all of these things as being a prophylactic to guard against developing cancer again. I realize it's no guarantee, but I believe that there have been enough people who have had success with these things that there is definitely something to it.

Another thing that I am doing is concentrating on eating foods that will tend to make my body chemistry more alkaline...as opposed to acidic.

I'm also avoiding sugar like the plague.

50. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:

This combines the best of both. Sign up and they'll give send you some good discount codes in your email:

015419.jpg

http://www.puritan.com/puritans-pride-brand-0102/tumeric-curcumin-450-mg-015419

Cancer typically compromises the immune system. If you haven't already, check out the information on (diluted) Oil of Oregano in this thread to strengthen it:
    http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php/145545-Spices-That-Can-Serve-Multiple-Purposes

The prophylactic dosage you are talking about is normally termed a "tonic" dose and is what is on the side of most bottles. When you are trying to get rid of something, the dosage you should use should be as aggressive as whatever it is you are dealing with. If successful, you then "step down" to the tonic dosage.

The Black Seed Oil will provide you with the Omegas. I would (and do) avoid fish oils.

For those who are reading this and don't know, you want to take Vitamin K2 with Vitamin D3 to prevent "hardening" of the arteries.