Posting pics

Discussion in 'General Bushcraft Discussion' started by burlybear, Aug 21, 2019.

1. burlybear

burlybear Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    hey y’all stupid question. Has posting pics from Imgur changed? I haven’t been on in like 9 months. Now I can’t post anything.

Wasp, Jim L. and MrFixIt like this.
  2. MrFixIt

MrFixIt Old Jarhead LB#42 Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I have no experience with Imgur but I post directly from my computer/phone to the site.
    You'll see a tab after you hit "Reply" or "quote" that says "Upload a File".

Jim L. likes this.
  3. tomme boy

tomme boy Guide

Blog Posts:
    I use this forum software also. Way too easy compared to PB and the others. And you don't have to pay like PB

4. Wasp

Wasp DOWN IN DIXIE Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I use the forum software as well. But I have an Imgur account and until about a month ago I could still use it, probably closer to two weeks or so actually.

For some reason Imgur decided to lock their desktop version, I can't log on. They want you to use "the app", but I downloaded the app and you could even access your album, much less download or copy and paste links to photos.

Whats the benefit of using Imgur? Well not every forum allows direct downloading, especially not without resizing which is a pain, particularly on a mobile. Not to mention compressing and resizing can affect your photo quality. Also what if you want to email photos (links) without compressing?

So basically this sucks.

Look, I know nothing is ever free, not really. But when they lead you to believe you can, then you can't use the software at all, kinda sucks.
    At least they didn't charge you $400 to continue using your photos, but they have nade it impossible to use, without giving an alternative that works, or any way to access your photos. So unless its resolved its like photobucket II. Lots of dead Imgur links lately too.