Project Appleseed !

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by The Hunter, Mar 7, 2012.

1. The Hunter

The Hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys I have been reading about the Appleseed project these last few week and have become a member as well as looking forward to becoming an instructor with them starting later this year after a couple shoots.

Just what is the apple seed project and why should you care? Information can be found here appleseedinfo.org but more importantly its a non political grassroots movement to teach Americans their history as well as the sacrifices made by those brave men and women that fought and won our freedoms, penning them into the Constitution of the United States and to teach them pivitol skill that showed the world that we are the greatest marksmen in the world!

There are several appleseeds in the state but on the calendar only two are listed , Amite in March and Slidell in June. I will be in Slidell in june. We want to extend this invitation to come check us out, I promise you wont reget it.

Dont have a 10/22 just tell Dan Plunkett, info below, and he will get one lined up for ya at no charge for the weekend. Women and children under 21 yrs are free, men 70 bucks for 2 days. Also Active military , Leos and elected officials free as well.

How good can free training be or 70 dollar training you ask? Well the Army believes its pretty good and has used the appleseed instructor to teach their troops before being deployed over seas. Now that is pretty darn good!

Yall know me and I am a no BS guy. This is the real deal and I cant believe I am just now hearing about it in our state so I am taking an active roll with the other appleseeders in our state to make know what a great opportunity this is. We all know single parents and kids that dont have anyone to teach them how to shoot or that are willing to take time to, The apple seed project will and does at no cost except to men.

If you are interested or want to know more call Dan Plunkett
    504-701-4167 or dplunkett@cox.net

Thanks for reading this far guys and PM me if you dont want to call Dan.

shane

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. central joe

central joe Wait For Me!! Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    it looks like something to look into. there is a chapter/group about an hour away. thanks, joe

3. NELABushman

NELABushman Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sounds interesting. I may have to check it out. Marksmanship mostly?

-Dave-
    Dia Leat.

4. Mississippi Rob

Mississippi Rob Scout

Blog Posts:
    My kids live in Slidell, I would be interested in checking into this. They love to go shooting at the local range.

5. LawDog

LawDog Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Appleseed presents a unique combination of American heritage stories and rifle marksmanship instruction. By the clock, yes, it is mostly about marksmanship. However, the heritage stories are part of what makes Appleseed different from any other program around.
    Note also that Appleseed is not about tactics. We stress the fundamentals of marksmanship and work toward a 4 MOA standard. This is field shooting, not competition shooting and not battlefield exercises.
    Appleseed is also not about politics. We don't ask you to vote for any particular candidate or even talk about current issues. We just want Americans to remember their heritage and those who secured our Freedom and Liberty. And then to take steps to preserve them. It's patriotism, not politics.
    If you have any questions about Appleseed, you can reach me at dplunkett@cox.net. I am not a regular here (so don't rely on a PM), but just stopped by to see The Hunter's excellent post. If I can help you get to an Appleseed event, let me know. We can even oftentimes arrange a loaner rifle for you. Take care.

6. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory Scout

Blog Posts:
    We have one scheduled here in Mobile, Al at the end of this month. I'm looking forward to it!

7. akabu

akabu Guide

Blog Posts:
    Not Just in La., go the the site, all over the USA.

8. The Hunter

The Hunter Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thats correct but mentioned La since we are hoping to get more AS on the calender and get the state up and running.

I am looking at some in Tx Ar and Ms that are close enough to drive too and enjoy some camping over the weekend if its available.

History and shooting , two of my favorite things to relax!