Raising wild(Discovery)

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by Walks with Earth, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Walks with Earth

Walks with Earth Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Has anyone seen the new off grid show Raising wild with Brett Hines, a retired military intelligence officer who has moved his family of 10 from the Texas suburbs to the central Washington Okanogan highlands. So far it reminds me of Alaskan bush people, they have a large close family, different accents, living in okanogan county Wa, heck one of the sons is even a recreated inventor Noah from ABP. The thing that saves these new people from being alaskan bush people, is that they claim no wilderness/off grid experience, unlike the Brown family who claim to be experts. Its on at 10pm eastern on discovery channel. It was overall a intertaining show, really no reality show is legit, except maybe The Last Alaskans, but this new show raising wild could posibly get better.
    Also so far from the last episode, they're strugling to get a greenhouse up before winter, get more livestock including one lama named josepheen(spelling?), goats and more chickens, and build gocars to race each other down hill :confused:. The big lazy one Ariel has won those races so far!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. Scarywoody

Scarywoody Scout

Blog Posts:
    I watched most of it. Fell asleep early. It was okay. I think Discovery knows we have had enough of Alaskan Bush People. It looks to be same script as ABP, where they face challenges as a family, come together to build something and then go recreate. Be interesting to see of they lose weight from all the hard "work". At least it doesn't appear that they are "surviving" on land in a sub-division, the way the Brown's did in the first season of ABP.

3. Walks with Earth

Walks with Earth Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Scarywoody, so true;)

4. Walks with Earth

Walks with Earth Tracker

Blog Posts:
  5. NevadaBlue

NevadaBlue —- Roughian #7 -— --- Graybeard -— Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Another batch of igits who found a way to finance their ‘homestead’ by milking stupid and TV.

6. RangerBaloo

RangerBaloo Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Lost interest after they spent half an episode building up the drama of, "OMG, if this tractor-trailer breaks down it will literally block the driveway FUREVER and we'll all starve and die." Meh.