1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready to Ship

Discussion in 'Brown Dog Pouch and Bag' started by tulsa, Feb 17, 2014.

1. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Cooweescoowee Distict, Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
    Here is a waxed canvas pack liner for heirphoto's pack basket. This is the olive waxed canvas with a drawstring closure. If you need a liner for your pack basket send me a PM. I sew waxed canvas to your specifications. No wait lists. Most orders ship in a day or two. IMG_1218.jpg

2. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a cover for Papa K's 14 cm Zebra Pot and a stuff sack. Both are in Chocolate waxed canvas. The stuff sack has a inner cap to help keep the contents dry. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew waxed canvas to your specifications. If you need some canvas for your gear send me a PM. IMG_1221.jpg

Turtle Creek, beacon and aaronu like this.
  3. PaPa K

PaPa K Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I know there are other vendors doing canvas and such, and I am sure they do a good job. But I have had nothing but very positive dealings with Joel!! Items are always well made and done just the way I asked. And his pricing and shipping are tops as well. Buy with confidence, he will do you right. ...K

BayRat91 likes this.
  4. Wolfcri

Wolfcri Adventurer Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I got my first pouch from Joel today and its great. I like it so much I'm going to order another one for a different use already.

mainewoods, tulsa and MrFixIt like this.
  5. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a nice set of waxed canvas for stratocumulus-dues. This is the natural waxed canvas sewed into a couple of pot covers and small Sami pouches. If you go for a traditional canvas look then natural is the way to go.

If you need covers for your gear send me a PM. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew waxed canvas to your specifications. No wait lists. Most orders ship in a day or two. IMG_0035.jpg

6. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a pot cover for wolfcri's cookware. This is a new color I offer called Field Tan. It a bit lighter than the dark tan I previously offered.

If you need waxed canvas covers for your gear send me a PM. I do covers for cookware, blankets, and just about anything else. IMG_0031.jpg

7. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a cover for dukejb' Donk Grill and Skillet. This is the chocolate waxed canvas. The grill cover has an antler button.

If you need a cover for your Donk grill or any other send me a PM. I sew quality waxed canvas to your specification. Most orders ship in a day or two. IMG_0041.jpg

8. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a kneeling pad that double as a cover for jkc256's cutting board. The Kneeling pad accepts a piece of foam and makes a nice seat or work surface. Velcro closes the top.

Blanket wool cozies for the Nalgene keep your drink cool in the summer. In the winter fill your nalgene with hot water and slip it into your sleeping bag.

If you need a waxed canvas kneeling pad or covers for any bottle send me a PM. Most orders ship in a day or two.

IMG_0043.jpg

Turtle Creek likes this.
  9. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is an order for twotrees. This one includes a cover for a Kendall Reader, a wool cover for a Heavy Cover canteen set, a Sami style pouch and a cover for a fuel bottle.

If you need waxed canvas covers for your gear send me a PM. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew canvas to your specifications. IMG_0060.jpg

10. twotrees

twotrees Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    First class all the way. I'm looking for more stuff to bag up so I can send tulsa some more money!

11. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a nice set of covers for StormKingHiker. These are covers for a grill, a 14 CM Zebra Pot, and a Nalgene cover. This is the chocolate waxed canvas.

If you need covers for your cook ware send me a PM. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew waxed canvas to your specifications. Most order ship in a day or two so it's not too late for Christmas.

IMG_0104.jpg

12. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    A customer asked for some more of the blue pouches I made out of the vintage material The Stumpy One supplied. This material isn't quite as brilliant but I can get all of I want. This is waxed canvas and the color is "Navy". I will have this color is stock so I can make anything in it.

If you need some Sami style pouches, cover for your cook ware or just about anything else send me a PM. I do custom sewn canvas covers, bags, and pouches to fit just about anything. You still have time to order for Christmas.

IMG_0085.jpg

rwfred, Turtle Creek, vdeal and 2 others like this.
  13. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a split pouch that I made for a customer on another site. I had never sewn one but did this one on a request. After playing with it a bit before it shipped I see some real advantages tot his type of pouch.

Split pouches were common among most Native American tribes. They were frequently used to carry a variety of items including fire making tools, food, tools, and tobacco They were carried hung over a belt or sash. The pouch closes when folded but the contents can be quickly accessed. Split pouches were commonly made of animal hides and frequently decorated with beads, tassels and fringe. When firearms were introduced. The pouches were quickly adopted to hold kit for black powder

This split pouch is sewn of quality waxed canvas with leather trim. The pouch is approximately 6" wide and 25" long.

If you are interested in a waxed canvas split pouch send me a PM. I sew canvas to your specifications. Most orders ship in a day or two.

IMG_0083.jpg IMG_0081.jpg

14. Subdood

Subdood Ex-bubblehead Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Thats pretty dang neat right there!

15. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a Pipe roll I made for a customer on another site. It is made from some leftovers from a Italian Wool Officer's blanket. It has pockets for 2 pipes, tobacco, and tools. IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0110.jpg

16. K Williams

K Williams Scout

Blog Posts:
    What would be the cost of this pipe roll if it was made out of your 10oz waxed canvas, with the pipe storage area lined with wool? Thanks.

tulsa likes this.
  17. mainewoods

mainewoods Maine Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Always Happy with you Work ! @tulsa

tulsa likes this.
  18. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Antler was in demand this week. Here are some examples of antler buttons and beads that I can add to your canvas. The pot covers are for Zebra pots with extra length on request of the customer. They have antler sliders and beads. The drawstring is twisted rawhide.
    IMG_0133.jpg

This is a grill cover. It is in the field tan waxed canvas and has an antler button and leather lace for a closure.
    IMG_0136.jpg

If you need custom sewn waxed canvas cover for your gear send me a PM. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew canvas to your specifications. No wait lists. Most orders ship in a day or two.

Fretful7 and Turtle Creek like this.
  19. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a different take on the seat cushions I normally make. This one is waxed canvas sewn to an 18" x 14" square of U.S. Army blanket wool. This one was at the request of a customer. I like it because it is lightweight and folds up small enough to fit in a haversack. You can fold it over and use it for a work service for fire prep. I think I could use one of these in my hammock as a bit of extra insulation under my feet.

If you have an idea for something in waxed canvas or wool send me a PM. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag I sew canvas and wool to your specifications. No waiting lists. Most orders ship in a day or two.

IMG_0144.jpg IMG_0141.jpg

stillscout, Fretful7, aaronu and 5 others like this.
  20. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a nice set of covers in waxed canvas and wool. The grill cover and the pot cover are Field Tan waxed canvas. The bottle cover is army blanket wool. The pot cover is extra tall to allow additional items to be stored on top of the pot. With the extra length on top you can store a stove, utensils, or a 2-3 day food supply. I can do the wool covers for any bottle. They help keep your drink from freezing in the winter and cool during the summer. It double as a pot holder or a hand warmer on the chilly mornings when you sit by the fire waiting for the coffee to finish up.

Now is the time to outfit for your coming outings. At Brown Dog Pouch and Bag most order ship in a day or two. Contact me by PM for a quote on your custom canvas or wool item.
    IMG_0071.jpg

Fretful7, Tangotag and Turtle Creek like this.
  21. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a set of canvas I finished up today. It is a cover for a Mors 1.1L and a Donk Grill. This is the natural waxed canvas. It has the look of traditional canvas. If you need some waxed canvas to cover your gear send me a PM. I do canvas covers for most any pot, skillet, utensil, or just about anything else. NO wait lists. Most orders ship in a day or two. IMG_0181.jpg

22. tulsa

tulsa Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here are some saw cover's I made for a customer. These are for a Silky Big Boy and a Silky Pocket Saw but I can make them for any saw. They are sew of quality waxed canvas. These are the Olive color. They are closed with heavy duty snap. A belt loop on the back lets you carry your saw on your belt and cord loops on the sides let you strap them to a pack. Other colors available. I custom make these to fit your saw so PM me if you are interested. No wait lists. Most orders ship in a day or two.
    IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0279.jpg

mjh, aaronu and Fretful7 like this.