1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

Second Annual Loco Libre Gear Piney Woods Hang

Discussion in 'Loco Libre Gear' started by george carr, Aug 27, 2017.

1. george carr

george carr Tracker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    southern new jersey, near the piney woods
    Make room on your calenders for November 3, 4, 5, 2017 for the 2nd Annual Loco Libre Gear Piney Woods Hang. This will be a great weekend of relaxing in the infamous Jersey Pine Barrens. Last year over 55 folks showed up, and while I can't promise the Jersey Devil will show up I can promise the crew from Loco Libre Gear will! We have the Batona Camp on Carranza Road (directions to come) from noon Friday until noon Sunday.

You can sign up HERE

Directions

Batona Campsite is located at GPS coordinates N 39 46.639 W 74 37.883

From The North and Philadelphia Area – From the area of the junctions of Route 70 and Route 206, travel south on route 206 for one mile and turn left on Carranza Road (648). Travel 8.7 miles to the Carranza Memorial. Across from the Carranza Memorial is a dirt road with a sign that says Batona Campsite. Make a left onto the dirt road and the campsite is 1/2 mile back.

From The Hammonton Area – Take Rt 206 north, and after passing the Atsion ranger station travel approximately 4.5 miles to the first traffic light (Tuckerton Road). Make a right onto Tuckerton Road and follow to the end (2nd stop). Turn left and at the next stop sign turn right onto Carranza Road. Continue for 5 miles to the Carranza Memorial. . Across from the Carranza Memorial is a dirt road with a sign that says Batona Campsite. Make a left onto the dirt road and the campsite is 1/2 mile back.

Meals

Loco Libre Gear will be providing breakfast on Saturday morning, as well as Saturday dinner. So far dinner is looking like either tacos or stew.
    There are fire pits available on site for cooking if you so desire.
    There is space on the sign up sheet for any extra sides or such you may want to contribute to the group meals,but don't feel obligated.

Facilities

Tons of trees to hang from, but ground dwellers are welcome too!
    There is a hand pump for water, and privies for, well, you know.

Activities

Knife Throwing.
    Cornhole?
    Checking out gear and general lolly gagging.
    The Batona Trail passes through the area,and Apple Pie Hill fire tower is a short (2.5 mile?) hike away.
    The Carranza Memorial is right outside of camp, and historic Batsto Village is a close drive.

Raffle

We will be raffling off goodies after dinner on Saturday. There will be Loco Libre Gear to win, plus whatever else is contributed. We will sell tickets for the raffle during dinner, and the funds will be used to cover the cost of the hang. All extra funds will be donated to a worthwhile to be named charity.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Wolfcri and DavidJAFO like this.
  2. Wolfcri

Wolfcri Adventurer Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I'm in! Looking forward to this.

Anyone new to hammock camping or thinking about trying it out, this is an event you don't want to miss. I was still sleeping on the ground at the time of this hang last year. I learned a ton from George and company. The knowledge made a hanger out of me. There will be a great group of people there too.

george carr and Red Wing like this.
  3. Bonefish

Bonefish Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    Looks like fun, ill try to make it. I live in Salem, anyone close?

4. MommaJ

MommaJ Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Looks like fun but its Emma's birthday and November, brrr but I might end up coming by

5. george carr

george carr Tracker Vendor

Blog Posts:
    southern new jersey, near the piney woods
    Last year the day time temps were nice and the first night was 35°, while the second night was 43°. We have a fire every night, but Saturday night is the big bonfire and after dinner is the raffle. Lots of fun!

Wolfcri likes this.