Some Survival Videos I Think Many Of You Would Enjoy

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by T. Pollock, Apr 30, 2019.

1. T. Pollock

T. Pollock T's Custom Outdoor Gear Vendor Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    I just happened to run across a video from this channel (no affiliation whatsoever) a few days ago that looked interesting. I've always loved survival stories and these are all from "true events" not some reality TV BS or Hollywood idea of survival. While the stories are obviously re-enacted the real survivors are in the videos and help tell the story of their survival situation. I noticed in the playlist that all of them aren't specifically wilderness survival but all the ones I've watched so far have been. If you haven't seen these or this series, I'd encourage you to give them a look. I've almost been binge watching these :dblthumb: but as an example here's one I just finished watching about a grizzly attack, it'll make the hair stand up on the back of your neck!

And a second one about a couple that got lost in the wilderness. This one has a twist to it about half way through concerning another hiker that had been missing.

While not exactly bushcraft videos I think there's still lots of reminders of mistakes not to make and lessons to be learned for anytime one is going into a remote area.

If you haven't seen them I hope you'll enjoy watching them as much as I am.

Tim

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  2. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    What has been absolutely shocking to me is that in all these videos I've watched so far only one :eek: of these people had a single means to make fire (a bic lighter). And some of them were supposedly wilderness trained! I always keep at least one way of making fire on my person.

3. blind & lost

blind & lost LB#42 Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    A good reality check. I've seen the second one before. It makes you think to ALWAYS have some minor kit with you, no matter what you are doing.

Guttersnipe and T. Pollock like this.
  4. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely! Another thing I've found odd is that even though some of them supposedly had outdoor experience or wilderness training not a one of them tried any primitive means of making fire.

blind & lost and Guttersnipe like this.
  5. Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    I'll watch and learn.
    One of my favorite things when I can't do.

blind & lost and T. Pollock like this.
  6. T. Pollock

Blog Posts:
    Cool, hope you enjoy them brother. Wonder is the name of the channel but I believe "I shouldn't be alive" is the title of the survival series.

blind & lost and Guttersnipe like this.