Sorting and simplifying my knives

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by plumberoy, Feb 11, 2019.

1. plumberoy

plumberoy Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have been gathering up my knives into one place. I have around 60 last count but always find another one after a count . I figured out I use 6 knives regularly I have six or eight that I would fall back on if one of my primary knives disappeared . I have 6 to 8 sentimental knives and about the same for cooking game processing. Half of the knives I have I don't see using. Some I will bless someone with some. will be trading material some I will sell . Most are decent but budget friendly but there is a K.O.A and a couple Bucks in the group only thing I would like to buy right now is duplicates on the SAK and the Mora a use the most

2. CoolBreeze135

CoolBreeze135 Scholarly Woodsman Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm trying to simplify a bit as well. The problem for me is that my favorite part of my knife hobby is trying and using an assortment of blades to get a feel for different styles. Therefore, I'm trying to keep a good variety represented without having too much surplus.

It's a tricky balance.

3. plumberoy

plumberoy Guide

Blog Posts:
    Funny part is the 6 knives that I use. One is anywhere near expensive a benchmade mini griptillion. 2 of them are Mora's 2 are SAK's and one is a old hickory slicing knife I modified to a 3.5 in sheepsfoot

freebirdfb and Bryan King like this.