Spare Battery Capsule

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Wasp, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Over the last decade flashlights with lots of power have become far more powerful than most of us would have imagined. Many of you carry flashlights as an EDC for any emergency that can pop up at any time, they are very convenient. Anyone that carries one of these small lights knows that carrying spare batteries can be a pain, you can't very well throw it in your pocket. County Comm is a military and government contractor that makes a wide variety of gear, luckily they had you and I in mind when they decided to sell their surplus which includes this unique battery capsule.

20180225_114814.jpg

Delrin is a durable insulator that is used for industrial purposes and is non conducive. County Comm contracted these capsules to be made to carry a single battery in the most compact way possible. The base and cap are threaded and have an o-ring to keep out moisture. The cap also has a hole that is perfect for a small key ring so you can easily take it wherever you go.

20180225_115018.jpg

I commonly carry an AAA Olight i3e EOS light that puts out over 100 lumens and is only a few inches long. It lasts for about 1.5 hours on one lithium ion battery without dimming much to give you warning it's about to shut down. It rides on my keychain and I literally forget about it, the delrin capsule can easily tag along taking up almost no pocket space. I have been carrying mine for a year and it has come in handy a few times, I can have almost three hours of light with this setup.

20180225_114924.jpg

If you have a flashlight, headlamp, weapon mounted light/laser, a camera or anything else that uses batteries on the go you ought to check these out. They have them for AAA, AA, or CR123A batteries. It could also be used to stash some spare cash or even meds inside. At $10 it is definitely worth a look.

[​IMG]
    This ones County Comm's photo: (money)

Note: if the one you want is out of stock check back because they restock fairly often. You can also contact them to see when they are expected. Don't hesitate, they go fast.

https://countycomm.com/products/delrin-aaa-battery-locker-waterproof

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Gii shi kan dug

Gii shi kan dug Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I like CC but their shipping tends to be quite high

ETA: I recently purchased some items from CC and they have gotten much better with their shipping costs. Much more reasonable

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  3. mjh

mjh Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have a couple and they work as reviewed.....yea CC shipping is a bit high.....I've usually waited until I have a larger order and shoot for free shipping.....or do without...

4. Terasec

Terasec Guide

Blog Posts:
    i dont get it
    case is about same size as the flashlight
    why not carry a second backup flashlight instead?

5. Wasp

Blog Posts:
    Because you might want it for something other than a flashlight. You did make me chuckle though.

Broke likes this.
  6. Tangotag

Tangotag Field Gear Junkie Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Great review, thanks for taking the time. I've always thought it was a good idea to have a spare battery in something other than being loose.

7. Foulwind

Foulwind Guide

Blog Posts:
    In the Redwoods, Santa Cruz Mountains, CA.
    I like the idea of the container for a battery, I was just thinking about the spare tiny batteries I carry for my StreamLite Nano, (Takes 3 of the tiny pill sized batteries) my spares are currently in the case the batteries come in, (From a store) kept in the Ziploc bag I use to carry my spare AA's and AAA's in. The nano batteries are too small to store in the tiny aluminum pill fob I have, they can short inside it while they roll around freely. I might be able to fine a straw that the batteries could fit inside, seal one end, and fold the other end over and secure, then maybe the whole thing might fit the pill case?
    Something to think about trying.....

SoreFeet and Wasp like this.
  8. wingnuts

wingnuts Hunter/Gatherer Provider/Protector Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I just use shrink tube and punch a hole for my key ring!

silent chad, HP500, Thunder 9 and 3 others like this.
  9. ewtoutdoors

ewtoutdoors Guide

Blog Posts:
    Very cool storage device. :dblthumb:

Wasp likes this.
  10. Brommeland

Brommeland Scout

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for posting this. I carry an LED Solitaire and have been carrying a spare AAA in an old chapstick tube. This looks like a great product. Thanks again for posting.

Wasp likes this.
  11. injun51

injun51 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but "Battery Junction" sells battery keepers for under $2 bucks. They're no where near as heavy duty as these but they'll carry multiple batteries depending on which one you buy. Just putting it out there. These look very nice, and not really a bad price either. Thanks for the heads up.

HP500, Seeker, rsnurkle and 1 other person like this.
  12. Wasp

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

Ive also got a few of these for my Go/Hiking bag for flashlights, they are fantastic. They have them for all kinds of sizes and colors.

If you replace a battery in your flashlight and it's not totally dead you can put it in the case upside down so you can use it last or for something that isn't as important.

It is very durable and will not break easily at all, the clear ones you can't break to save your life. It is also flat which is really nice for a pocket, It's actually the same size as the batteries. They are pretty inexpensive for what they are. I have cut them up to only carry two or three batteries for the pocket (until I got the carrier in the OP).

Amazon.com: Storacell by Powerpax SlimLine AAA Battery Caddy, Orange, Holds 6 Batteries: Home Improvement

Glow in Dark
    STORACELL Slimline AAA Battery Holder (Caddy) – Available in different colors

Broke, rsnurkle and injun51 like this.
  13. wdstephens

wdstephens Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I work in aircraft maintenance and in the right cargo pocket of my uniform pants I carry a Olight S1 Baton and the above mentioned battery carrier. I started off using rechargeable batteries but they don't last as long as non rechargeable batteries. Also the rechargeable ones had a lip around one end that would not allow them to fit the case/holder. I have used both the light and battery case for a couple of years and they have both hit the floor more than once. I highly recommend both. CC does hose you on shipping. I got the flashlight from Going Gear. Great company.

Broke and Wasp like this.
  14. wingnuts

wingnuts Hunter/Gatherer Provider/Protector Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Ditto, keep a AA on my key chain edc, do the same with my peanut lighter too

Wasp likes this.
  15. Wasp

Blog Posts:
    In stock for those that pmed me

16. wizard

wizard Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good recommendation on the County Comm battery capsules. I bought some of the AAA, AA and CR123 capsules about 6 or 7 years ago and use at least the AAA one everyday. I keep my AAA Olight and the spare battery in a capsule in my little "watch" pocket of my jeans.

I don't use the light as much as I used to when I worked as a systems analyst and was always into racks and servers and such. The light helped greatly. A light is a great thing to have around, fixing a flat, jumping a car battery, looking for things dropped, hiking a trail after dark when you walked too slow all day...etc.

mash4077 and Wasp like this.
  17. Midwest.Bushlore

Midwest.Bushlore Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Hahaha! After reading this I ordered the same Delrin capsule, it now rides on the keyring with my Olight!:cool:

Broke and Wasp like this.