Springfield XD now in...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by EternalLove, Oct 11, 2018.

1. EternalLove

EternalLove Guide

Blog Posts:
    10mm.

Yup. Glock has new competition on the block.

Thoughts?

2. scottman

scottman Guide

Blog Posts:
  3. Grouse870

Grouse870 Scout

Blog Posts:
    When they said it went 10k rounds of federal hydro shock without malfunction they lost me there. Federal hydro shock is 30 FPS faster than there 40 S&W load. Now if it can actually function with Buffalo bore/double tap/ type loads or true 10mm loads then they may have something. But it remains to be seen if it’s worth it or not. Imo

EternalLove, RebelYell and RI Chevy like this.
  4. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    So, most manufacturers probably and likely test with standard factory ammo, I cant imagine they are any different. I'm sure they expect youll shoot higher power just like people like using +P/+P+.

EternalLove and RI Chevy like this.
  5. Grouse870

Grouse870 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I get that and expect that but the 10mm claim to fame is heavy loads pushed relatively fast it should at least be tested with buffalo bite/double tap etc. Its almost like saying a new .357 mag shot 10k rounds of .38 special. That’s awesome but not that impressive. They allude to the better stuff by saying fully supported chamber and ramped barrel but I just think this could have been marketed better to outdoors people by having them say hey we tested this with 220 grain hard cast, the original Norma load etc. I think this could be a winner but really it depends on how well it handles the heavy stuff. The xdm 5.25 with the adjustable rear sight could be a legit deer gun providing it has the accuracy and the ability to handle the real 10mm loads.

EternalLove, RebelYell and RI Chevy like this.
  6. Wasp

Wasp We are GO for Sting! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    But do you know of any .357 that was tested with 10,000 rounds of hardcast +P+ rated .357? Was Glock 9/40/45 tested with 10,000 rounds of +P+? Probably not. I'm sure the SA was tested with other types of ammos.

EternalLove, RI Chevy and svh like this.
  7. 9 Iron

9 Iron Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I think Grouse is right, in that I am interested, if.....

I have the 4” service XD9 and it’s a great gun. I already know XD’s are great fitting, fine functioning reliable guns. This new 10mm is extremely appealing to me “IF” it can stand up to a whole bunch of hot loads down the pipe without issue. I’d carry it in the woods for bear with some hot Xtreme Penetrator rounds, but that’s about the only reason I’d buy it, if it was a reliable bear gun with the hot loads. I’m going to hold off untill I start seeing feedback regarding high usage with hot loads.

And then, of course, will there be a California conpliant model? Have to wait and see.

EternalLove and RI Chevy like this.
  8. Bigghoss

Bigghoss Scout

Blog Posts:
    I'm not a fan of the XD line of handguns and at the risk of starting an argument I'll say that I think they're junk. Sorry, not sorry. I also don't get the recent resurgence in popularity of the 10mm, not that I'm complaining about that. I think the 10mm is a good cartridge for certain applications. My concern however is that most folks aren't buying it for those applications. That's about as nicely as I can put it.

EternalLove likes this.
  9. EternalLove

EternalLove Guide

Blog Posts:
    I think it would be fine to carry in Grizzly country in case if an attack or for hog hunting.