Stuff for an upcoming outdoor expo in my area

Discussion in 'ozarkhunter - Metamorphosis Woodworks' started by ozarkhunter, Aug 3, 2018.

1. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is a pic of a squirrel call display that my wife helped me put together this week. I needed an extra set of hands getting the 2 boards together while drilling holes and putting screws through from the back. I used some old barn wood from a property I hunt. I hope to post pics in the upcoming weeks of a counter for the expo along with a display for predator calls and ferro rods as well. The squirrel call display holds 35 calls.

38216653_1908266005860270_2431689506651373568_n.jpg

2. RickS

RickS Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Where is the expo? I live in Springfield and wouldn't mind a little drive. I try not to go into the flatlands though! Oh, very nice display!

ozarkhunter and central joe like this.
  3. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    It will be at the fair grounds in Fort Smith. https://www.fcaoutdoorexpo.com/

They have some amazing hunt packages and prize packages that will be raffled. Giving away about a dozen guns, several bows and crossbows, belly boat packages, camping packages, 6 kayak packages... Jase Roberts from Duck Dynasty will be the key note speaker for the dinner afterwards. I chose my booth space across the aisle from Mountain Man off of Duck Dynasty.

I think I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of you. Springfield for me means City Butcher and BBQ and "burnt ends". Mercy! That is good stuff!

RickS and central joe like this.
  4. Bonekrakker

Bonekrakker Not a chiropractor Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That's a great looking display man. I hope you do well at the show.

blind & lost and ozarkhunter like this.
  5. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I'll try to get some pics this weekend. I asked the land owner where I hunt about trading her some work for some more of the barn wood and tin from the old cabin that is falling in on her property. She didn't hesitate. She said her chicken roost fell down in her barn and she had thought about cutting out some small persimmon trees (think just thicker than shovel handle) from the front of the property to build a new one. She only has hand saws and welcomed a chainsaw and an extra set of hands. I'm almost giddy about salvaging more of the wood and tin... I guess it doesn't take much to excite some folks...
    [​IMG]

blind & lost, Luzster and RickS like this.
  6. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Guide Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Here is the load of old tin and barnwood that will become my display counter and pieces.
    DSC00184.JPG

SmilinJoe likes this.