Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by remington79, Jul 18, 2016.

1. remington79

remington79 Scout

Blog Posts:
    So far the new format isn't too bad. However there is one thing that really bother me and that is each page being 50 posts long. I wish there was a way to change how many are on a page. Even with the ability to select "newest post" it is still too awkward/cumbersome to view threads. There are times where I like to go back and reread what someone has written or to view a picture again that came up in conversation. It is much easier to be able to select page 3 and only have to scroll down a couple of posts. At least for me I find the 10 to 15 posts per page (no more than 20) to be ideal. Others may like this but for me it is too cumbersome/PItA and has negatively affected my experience on the site.

2. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I like the more Posts per page to cut down on the number of pages I have to load on my mobile. I figure over the course of the month it helps cut down on a bit of the data usage by having to load fewer pages.

Scratchthejeepguy likes this.
  3. remington79

remington79 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I use my desktop so I don't have to worry about that. I find it very tedious to have to scroll through everything. That's why we should be able to change it to what we want that way you can have the increased number of posts for you.

With the longer posts per page I also find myself just skipping a lot so I can hurry and get to the bottom. You can hit the new posts button but sometimes if you only were able to read some of the the new posts but not all it still marks them all as read. As a result I find myself only looking at the first few posts and then skipping a lot of them to read the last 2 or 3 and then post a reply.

4. Crooked Penguin

Crooked Penguin Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have to agree with OP on the max. of 20 posts per page.

My internet connection isn't all that quick and sometimes it takes ages to load a page if there are a lot of photos.

I think it's possible to make it user adjustable with the xenforo software, would you guys please look in to that option?

5. xwmstormx

xwmstormx Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Suggestion: Can ya'll please move The Pit above the vendor forums? It's silly I know. It doesn't take much to scroll down but not everyone likes to scroll down too far past the vendors to see the pit which is a good part of the forums. Maybe moving it up above them people will scroll down a little bit to see them. I can't even recall how long it was before I found the area because I figured that the vendors forums were the bottom of the site.

Just a thought and thanks for a great site!

Guy and remington79 like this.
  6. remington79

remington79 Scout

Blog Posts:
    That's a good idea xwmstormx. I often overlook and forget about the Pit and only remember it when someone is having a meetup and they post a link to the thread in the Pit. If no one posted a link to threads in the Pit I'd completely forget about it.

Guy likes this.
  7. Guy

Guy Founder Staff Member Administrator Vendor

Blog Posts:
    We will look at that. Thanks for the suggestion.

remington79 and MrFixIt like this.