Summer Trip Advice

Discussion in 'Backpacking' started by Riley Martin, May 23, 2018.

1. Riley Martin

Riley Martin BCUSA Friend Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I have a packed summer of travel coming up and just wanted to see if you guys have any tips on where to focus on or have any places you like to go. I'll just make a quick list of the locations I'm planning on going but want to add on small backpacking trips maybe even one-nighters to them. If you also know of any hikes or locations worth checking out I'd love to hear also. Just wanting to get the most out of it all! Thanks!

Preist River, Idaho

Kaui Hawaii

And a road trip from Seattle Washington to the Moab Desert

2. gila_dog

gila_dog Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about Priest River ID, but if you like lots of tourists both Kaui and Moab will be your kinda place. Moab will be hot as hell in the summer, too. There are places near each of those where few people go, but you have to look for them. We met several feral pig hunters on Kaui, with their dogs, who were having a great time out in the jungle. If I were going to southern UT in the summer I would find some high country in the national forests. Or get down on a river someplace and stay wet all the time.

Bobsdock and CivilizationDropout like this.
  3. Riley Martin

Riley Martin BCUSA Friend Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about other people. I like to make connections with others while traveling, but on the times I want to get away I will look for some high country! Thanks!

Bobsdock and CivilizationDropout like this.
  4. Bobsdock

Bobsdock Still going Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Hydrate or die !

5. Bitterroot Native

Bitterroot Native Indigenous Skills Junkie

Blog Posts:
    Priest River is nice! Been there a time or two :dblthumb:. North Idaho has A LOT of wild country to explore! If you're spending any length of time in that general area check out the Coeur d'Alene area or scoot up to Lake Pend Oreille. Both are really nice areas with lots to see and do. If you're a fisherman I recommend pursuing some northern pike. Northern Idaho has great pike fishing!