1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

SW Ohio Bushcamp

Discussion in 'Events' started by jswi2374, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jswi2374

jswi2374 Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Just signed up to camp February 19 - 20 at the Englewood Metropark in Dayton, South Park section, Prairie View campsite. Arrive at 3pm, leaving by 11am. All are welcome to join! Free! Bring food... everything else can be improvised. (laugh) This is for my birthday and to complete Bushclass Basic.
    "Englewood MetroPark is 1,900 acres of lakes, woods, wetlands and meadows. With its floodplain forests and wetlands, Englewood MetroPark helps to buffer and protect the Stillwater River."
    Englewood - Five Rivers MetroParks
    They have a variety of habitat (prairie, woods, river), clean spring water nearby, and the rangers allow for "very primitive" camping as long as you aren't wantonly destructive. (I believe one is a bushcrafter!). Leaves and grasses for bedding, small trees and branches for shelter, water nearby.
    I attempted a 10 lb. overnight there last January and the location was great for winter camping. Plus you can park near the site for added safety. I want to try out a new-to-me Dutch Oven so a long walk in isn't so desirable.
    My resolution for 2017 was to meet up with other bushcrafter in real life so I would love the company! Please join me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Hiker41, Pharmer, rsnurkle and 2 others like this.
  2. Idabow

Idabow Tracker

Blog Posts:
    You have a pm. Might be doable for me.

Pharmer likes this.
  3. Guy

Guy Founder Staff Member Administrator Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Added your event to the Calendar. I'll add an RSVP as well if you would like.

Pharmer likes this.
  4. jswi2374

Blog Posts:
    Don't bother with the RSVP... I like surprises! If anyone shows up I will be thrilled. If nobody shows up I will be thrilled. I'm just happy to get out and camp!

dub, Pharmer and Broke like this.
  5. stmpdog

stmpdog Tracker

Blog Posts:
    If I wasn't in the middle of remodeling my house, I would be there in a heartbeat. Have a great birthday!

Pharmer and TJC like this.
  6. exup

exup Quit your job and start living! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I was planning a quick overnight on the opposite side of the state 18-19. so long as I'm not whooped I'll swing by a hang out. Can do any camping:( gotta be back by 4am for my daughter when her mom goes to work. However my daughters off school onthe 20th so maybe we'll swing out for a few on Monday morning

Pharmer likes this.
  7. jswi2374

Blog Posts:
    That would be great.

Pharmer likes this.
  8. jswi2374

Blog Posts:
    Last call! The weather looks great and nothing has come up to stop me. I will be at the Prairie View campsite, South Park section of Englewood Metropark, on Sunday Feb. 19 by about 2pm. Leaving Monday Feb. 20 around 11. All are welcome as the site holds up to 20 campers. If I am not around, have a seat, pour some coffee and I will show up soon.

Pharmer and Guy like this.
  9. Idabow

Idabow Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I'm planning on stopping in Sunday. Have to work Monday so won't be able to camp.

Pharmer likes this.
  10. jswi2374

Blog Posts: