The jungle.

Discussion in 'Preparedness' started by THRsucks, Apr 29, 2018.

1. THRsucks

THRsucks Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes we end up in places we would rather not be, through neighborhoods and cities we would rather not go, and for durations unknown.

I hate the city. All the noise and concrete and lack of care. It's a rough and dirty place, and typically the rougher, and the dirtier it is, the options dwindle as to what if anything you can legally carry for defensive options.

Here are a few things that you can make or do to provide a force multiplier if and when you require one, maybe more.

1. My personal favourite and a great hack for backpacking is the soap bar in the tube sock.

It minimizes gear, by preventing you from needing a box to carry a bar of soap for general cleaning. But also doubles as a flail or garrott. It takes some practice to hit hard with it and not do yourself any damage, but similar to a nunchuck, your target area when facing your opponents front is actually the back of their head, kidneys, arms, knees, and groin. Opposite if you end up behind them.

2. Complimentary to the sock party trick is the roll of quarters.

Good not only for laundry, but if the quarters are of any rare variety or more than face value they may go completely unnoticed by somone checking your bag, this could allow you to carry a large amount of money in a small space. The martial application is to hold the roll in your hand while striking (nickels may work better for smaller hands.) This will put your fist and wrist into a more neutral position to prevent damage to your hand and give your strikes additional weight.

3. A straight razor.

Similar to carrying a scalpel they may be useful for minor, or even potentially major surgical procedures. And obviously shaving. Fold the blade back and you have razor knuckles.

4. A can of oven cleaner.

Great for stray dobermans, and meth heads alike, a can of oven cleaner is a fearsome beast, but any aerosol liquid like bee and wasp killer will almost certainly do the job.

5. Your belt.

Provided you can take off your belt without your pants falling to the ground, a metal belt buckle across the face and clavicle bone is something you would need to feel to fully appreciate.

6. Rolled up magazine or news paper.

It wont work as a bat, but more as a thrusting weapon against soft targets like the eyes, throat, and groin.

7. Walking stick, trekking poles etc.

2. slysir

slysir Guide

Blog Posts:
    If I'm not allowed to carry a firearm...I resort to Harsh Language!!

It will catch them off guard and send them running to their safe space!!

-John

THRsucks likes this.
  3. Burncycle

Burncycle Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I try to avoid places that strip me of the right to defend myself, won't assume the responsibility for my defense, and then refuse to be liable should I be attacked.

THRsucks and ezra45 like this.
  4. ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan Scout

Blog Posts:
    What city? I live in town with a lot of green space, maintained trails, little crime, a heavily conservative populace, and plenty of guns and gun-minded folks.

With Amazon and other retailers there's no reason for me to go to a bigger city unless I'm headed to Disney World or the Smithsonian (which I've never been too)!

THRsucks likes this.
  5. THRsucks

THRsucks Scout

Blog Posts:
    That is true, why on earth would you ever find yourself in some dump like that? Hahaha but it happens.