The Next New England Field Day April 24th

Discussion in 'New England' started by werewolf won, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Moe M.

Moe M. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    We'll miss you guys, there'll be others. :dblthumb:

2. werewolf won

werewolf won TANSTAAFL Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    Yes, with today's rain i assume we'll be fine for a fire

3. jimmyt

jimmyt Living large! Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I will see you all in the morning! I will fry up some cabbage as a side dish to lunch.

4. AlP264

AlP264 Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    All packed and ready for tomorrow! Wifes Turkey chili & shredded cheddar with bowls, spoons & paper towels DONE. Extra folding table, 5 gallons of water, 2 burner stove & fuel, S.S. tea kettle & F&S Kit for raffle CHECK! Oh, and video/camera equip. to video event lol thanks buzz. See ya all in the a.m. :57:

5. SwampYankee64

SwampYankee64 Supporter Supporter Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    No pics for me, but I just want to thank everyone that showed up and made today a ton of fun!! Mother Nature smiled on us and gave us beautiful weather, and the crowd was great as always. I don't wanna do individual thanks for fear of omitting someone, but I will make one exception. Werewolf Won is the glue that holds this Motley Crew together and I really want to thank him for keeping the good times rolling, you are an Ace buddy. See everyone at the next go 'round.

s/f
    Buzz

6. Moe M.

Moe M. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well, Just got back from this latest spring Meet, the weather was just great (knock on wood), we have been truely blessed weather wise for most of our bushcraft meets, the turnout was good, I didn't get a head count but I'm guessing at about 20 plus attended, we did have a few who couldn't make it, just know you were missed and we'll catch you at the next one.
    Werewolf won did an excellent job (as usual) setting up this event including enlisting a few of the members who gave talks on a variety of topics, Buzz (Swamp Yankee) demonstrated his log building skills, Mike who just finished a through trek of the whole Appalation Trail talked about methods of purifying water with filters, chemicals, and boiling, Jay gave us some insight on various hunting dogs and about training methods, Alan showed us how to roast a chicken encased in bannana leaves and mud in coals, and it came out yummy.
    Then we had the usual individual passing on of skills between members which is always great.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the table, I don't remember who brought what but it was greatly appreciated, we had Chicken pot pie with biscuits, Chili, Baked Beans, Baked Maple cured Ham, Dutch Oven fried Cabbage, Little Necks fresh picked, Deviled Eggs with Buffalo stuffing, for desert we had Cyndy's Chocolate/Peanut Butter squares, Pete's Sugar Bombs, someone brought Eclairs and popovers, of course Alan was serving his infamous Asian Tea (Jon's favorite :4:), I hope I didn't forget anything.

Also would like to thank everyone who attended, some regulars and some new folks who we hope will become regulars, without you these meets wouldn't be the success that they always are, what a great bunch of people. :35:
    I'm sure there'll be pictures up soon, maybe even a video.

Again, a big thanks to werewolf won for hosting these meets and for all his hard work putting them on. :dblthumb:

7. jimmyt

Blog Posts:
    +100 on thanking Werewolfwon for hosting this event and thanks to all who attended, gave a class brought food, ate food and shared a skill, a joke or story. I had a good time and am looking forward to when we all meet again!

8. mainewoods

mainewoods Maine Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Hope to see some pics. Glad the weather was great. Sorry I could not make it had a Afib attack.

9. werewolf won

werewolf won TANSTAAFL Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    My back did not improve much over the past week, and I spent much of it at Dr’s offices or curled up on the deck in spasms. No hunting, very little computer time.

Thanks to all who made the field day a success. I’m pleased that everyone had a great time; it is nice to have winter behind us and the summer to look forward to.

10. jimmyt

Blog Posts: