1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tops "Mini-Scandi" MSK 2.5

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by nerdcraft, May 15, 2013.

1. nerdcraft

nerdcraft Tracker

Blog Posts:
    If anyone had been following Tops knives they recently brought out a Mini-Scandi knife called the MSK 2.5.

I picked one up for ~68 dollars from an authorized dealer. Overall a great little knife, comes in a great kydex sheath that is nice and tight out of the box (some rivets have brass hollow pins). It really molds to the hand, and has a great piece of recessed jimping. As I life in CA where concealment (neck wear) is seen as evil; a Niteize S-binder #2 in black works as a hanger for it off my day pack.

Anyway, it came in today, and I wanted to take the photo that I was trying to find before purchasing...just how does this look next to it's bigger Brother of Bushcraft. The Griptilian in this photo is the mini-griptilian Doug Ritter model.

msk.JPG

2. Paul Foreman

Paul Foreman Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    handsome little knife ...

3. nerdcraft

nerdcraft Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Just to follow up, used the MSK for carving/finishing of a walking stick, and it performed amazingly. One of my favorite knives for smaller/detail work, but takes a bit of abuse as well.

4. GladiusGSF

GladiusGSF Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thanks...something else I have to buy..lol...

5. alukban

alukban Guide

Blog Posts:
    I like little scandis :dblthumb:

I've got this one made for me by Breeden. Don't be fooled. It's a full 1/8" thick :)
    [​IMG]