Ticks and tick-borne diseases - November 2, 2016

Discussion in 'Sandcut Outdoors' started by Sandcut, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sandcut

Sandcut Sed ego sum homo indomitus Vendor

Blog Posts:
    As I was discussing the Overnight Survival class with the folks at LCEEC we started comparing notes on ticks and tick bites etc. I suggested having a public talk on ticks during their fall season. Either they thought it was a great idea or else I'm exceedingly handsome and charismatic because it is on the fall calendar. Here's their announcement.

When: November 2, 2016. from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm

Where: Lackawanna College Environmental Education Center
    93 McKenzie Rd., Moscow, PA

Fee: $5/ person

Do you spend time outdoors? Have pets? Live in a rural setting? Join local biologist Mike Leggiero of Sandcut Outdoors to learn about Pennsylvania ticks, the diseases they carry, and how to prevent getting a tick-borne disease (TBD). Current testing methods and controversy regarding the various schools of thought surrounding this Lyme disease will be discussed. This workshop is appropriate for ages 12 to adult. $5 per person. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Lackawanna College Environmental Education Center at (570) 842-1506.

rsnurkle, andy.t, MrFixIt and 4 others like this.
  2. Sandcut

Blog Posts:
    We are now less than one week out from this presentation.

And while I realize that Halloween will already be over as wiil the upcoming election (and that is plenty scary in its own right), stop out if you are in the area. This will be an informative, but scary presentation. I warn you now, it won't be for the faint of heart. This stuff will make you itch while you're listening. Heck, it's been making me itch while preparing it!

3. bodhran4me

bodhran4me Guide

Blog Posts:
    If ya got an itch .... scratch it!

Sandcut likes this.
  4. Sandcut

Blog Posts:
    Really great audience tonight at our Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases in PA program at Lackawanna College Environmental Education Center. We ended up going about 45+ minutes over due to all of the great questions. I can't remember which school brought 17 students to the program, but they were very engaged. Multiple people in the class having had Lyme Disease. I look forward to doing this program again!

rsnurkle likes this.