1. Due to the amount of SPAM from foreign countries lately, we have made the decision to manually approve all new members. While we regret that this must be done and the added time that it will take for new members to be approved, it is necessary at this time. We hope to have legitimate new members approved in a timely manner, no longer than a couple of hours. If the Administrators are online at the time, it can be as soon as a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice

TMT Tactical Wallet - maybe the ultimate "Altoids Tin"

Discussion in 'General Bushcraft Discussion' started by alukban, Nov 27, 2010.

1. alukban

alukban Guide

Blog Posts:
  2. Nerual the Mad

Nerual the Mad Guide

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to see someone get threw the airport with one. "No, really sir." "It is my wallet."

3. Buckskin

Buckskin Guide

Blog Posts:
    For $125 I think I will keep my tin. It is a neat idea though.

4. alukban

alukban Guide

Blog Posts:
    They look to have one in Delrin for a bit less - like 80 bucks.

It is pricey eh? I just like that it has the compass, glass breaker, toothpick and tweezers. I like the money clip inside which could be sharpened, mirror polished, etc. I can easily imagine a ferro rod on the side instead of a pen, a version which has some "upgrades", like a higher quality button compass (NATO SAS compass?), make the whole thing out of a friggin' block of magnesium instead - "How you like me now?" :D I like that it opens up a new direction in thinking...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  5. Buckskin

Buckskin Guide

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah, the potential is there. I am just a cheap dog. I have started carrying a rescue folder so I have a glass break post, belt cutter and 3 1/2" blade. Everything else fits nice and snug in the tin.

I suppose if I had the money extra and no other gear or equipment needs I might add it to the arsenal.

6. Homeslice

Homeslice Guide

Blog Posts:
    Tactical tactical tactical.

Does look cool for a survival tin type of deal, but I can't imagine using it for a wallet.

7. RDROgers

RDROgers Scout

Blog Posts:
    I got a bunch of those. Mine are called fly boxes, and I use them for fishing. No pens or tweezers in mine. Seriously though, you could rip the foam out of an aluminum fly box for an awesome "altoids tin" for a lot less change.

8. Infidel

Infidel Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    At 125.00 , I would feel guilty sitting on it, and I would be constantly reminded of it by the bruise it would leave on my arse.

9. Spike

Spike Guest

Blog Posts:
    Add the word "tactical" and you can charge about $80 more.

10. Ace

Ace Guest

Blog Posts:
    The price is ridiculous. Looks like it's about the same size give or take a little as a pelican 1020 case which is only about a $100 cheaper. But if I had it I would leave out the money clip since it looks like ya could actually get quite a bit of goodies in there without it.