To introduce orselves - Bushcraft Kit Knives by @BogdanS

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Kit Knives' started by BogdanS, Sep 28, 2017.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Welcome and thanks for being here!

Some of you already know us but for the others I will try to briefly introduce our small business.

Small family business managed by only me and my wife – this would be the most precise and short description.

Member here for two years now, knifemaker for another 7 years from which the last two spent as a full timer.

My wife accompanied me in all these years handling the leather goods part and I want to thank her because she did a very good job (proved by the fact that no complain was received in all this time – or maybe she deleted it from my inbox [just kidding :)]).

Now let’s talk a little bit about our products, knives, sheaths and other goods that were, are or will be crafted.

The primary focus is on bushcraft knives, sturdy, sharp, very sharp and good looking ones, this is what I always tried to accomplish.

The approach and our motto are simple: “We are committed to create knives with an unbeatable price/quality ratio”.

To do so, in all these years we thrived to shape, improve and link all processes in order to obtain ‘the perfect flow’ which would help to accomplish our goal. It took time, planning, adaptation and by trial and error we managed to found the ‘golden’ recipe.

Today thanks God, we can proudly say that in our category/style of knives we are offering what we promised to do: quality at an unbeatable price.

It might happen for some to ask themselves if under this price a compromise is hidden and the sincere answer here is NO. Absolutely no compromise, no shortcut here as this would simply mean the end of a business. I know it does not happen right away but fortunately nowadays the customers are trained, have access to information and the end of such a business is just a matter of time.

I know that it is easy to say it but harder to prove but here we have support from all our customers over the years: a Big Thank You! to all of them for supporting us and thanks God not even on complain hit our inbox until now. An old saying states “it is easy to obtain what you plan to, but will you be able to keep it?” and this is our challenge hoping that also from now on our complain list will remain clear.

Now some widely technical info;

- O1 high carbon tungsten-vanadium alloy tool steel (due to its excellent performance in our field – fine scary sharp edge with very good edge retention, easy sharpening in the field; rusts easily but an easy task to solve – maintained dry and oiled from time to time will guarantee you passing the blade to the next generation). Heat treated by the book without “personal” improvements as I am 100% sure that the manufacturer knows better than me how to get the best out of its steel.

- scandi zero grind because I simply love this profile; tested with uncompromised success over hundreds of years by the northern cultures of Europe is easy to sharpen and cuts like crazy; perfect wood carver and a decent food processor (in the right blade thickness).

- simple and comfortable handle designs adapted to each type of blade, made out of carefully selected materials without compromise; unique/rare or very good looking wood will be sometimes offered as standards as there might be harvested by myself.

- the sheaths are simple, functional, sturdy. Thick (3 oz/5/32”) vegetable tanned Ox leather, synthetic 1/16 thick tread and quality finishing.

From time to time special “kits” will be offered for sale with special occasions and will be announced in here for sure.

On top of these “cold” details we are 100% dedicated to customer satisfaction; I am at my turn customer and I know how I like to be treated when I spend my hard earned money with something.

We take care to respond each and every mail in the most professional yet friendly way. The response time is the Top Priority here so every email that hits our inbox will be answered in within 24 hours (usually 12 and quite often much sooner) and this is a promise. If you will ever send an inquiry and there will be no response in the mentioned timeframe please consider that it did not get to us and use alternative communication path (PM or post here on Forums).

The waiting period for the time being is for about 4 to 6 weeks more or less and will be communicated to you when you place the order. As an exception and only in exceptional conditions this period might vary slightly but will be announced and discussed with you.

From time to time “spare” knives will be also offered here or on our website for immediate purchase so, if interested, stay tuned.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this entire “story” and please do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiry.

The contact/communication paths would be as follows:

- Email at bushcraftkit@gmail.com

- PM here on forums

In order for you to be able to customize your knife and find its price in just 1-2 minutes a “Knife configurator” is available on our website: http://bushcraft-kit.com/?page_id=974

If you want to keep in touch with all new things happening, available knives and so on please visit our website: http://bushcraft-kit.com/ and subscribe to our newsletter.

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Kona9

Kona9 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I can vouch for Bogdan. He's good people. I look forward to every knife he lists here.

Runesland, svh, GoKartz and 1 other person like this.
  3. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @Kona9 - thanks Steve - it was a pleasure to deal with you!

All the best,
    Bogdan

4. TexasPrimitive

TexasPrimitive Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Congrats on getting a forum! Looking forward my first one of your knives.

5. GoKartz

GoKartz Sharpaholic Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well, I'll start saving my pennies! I saw one of your beaver knives in the sales section and instantly wanted one. Love the website, and how easy it is to see what you offer and at what price - I know most custom knife makers aren't also closet website developers, but your's is top notch! I look forward to ordering a knife from you soon.

BogdanS likes this.
  6. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @GoKartz @TexasPrimitive - thank you very much boys for the kind words!
    The knife maker has to be a multitasking person so over all these years i had to learn web design, photography, marketing and many other things :D; yet everything needs improvement but i am glad that you do enjoy the website!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

Broke and GoKartz like this.
  7. Tony robinson

Tony robinson Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Sweet knifes

8. BogdanS

BogdanS Scout Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @Tony robinson - thanks mate! sorry for the late reply, dizzy in the last period ;)

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

Tony robinson likes this.
  9. Tony robinson

Tony robinson Tracker

Blog Posts:
    No problem my friend