Tool logic Edc

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by bigfoots, Aug 11, 2018.

1. bigfoots

bigfoots Scout

Blog Posts:
    I found this knife at the flea market this morning. It's the SL3 model with a ferro rod and whistle. My first thought was P.O.S! But I played with it a bit and it seemed decent enough. The main reason I thought it might be junk was the tool logic name I've seen their tools in dollar stores for a buck. I asked how much and the guy said 9 bucks so I took a chance on it. I looked it up online and this model sells for 36 bucks so maybe I didn't do so bad after all. Anybody have one of these? I'm wondering what the flat head screw on one side is for. Maybe for attaching accessories. IMG_20180811_125737.jpg

2. Zunga

Zunga Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I had and lost one of those. Ferro rod wasn't all that sparky on mine. Although I never thought to try it with something other than the blade. It was my first fire steel. It was used daily landscaping. It held up to that well enough. I paid around $25 Canadian from mec.ca . For $9 you got it a third to half price. Nice one!:dblthumb:
    Cheers Jim

Bobsdock and bigfoots like this.
  3. BalsamFur

BalsamFur Not a duck Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Heck, I'd have taken it out by now just to see what happens.

4. A K Church

A K Church Guide

Blog Posts:
    Gave 2 of them to friend's sons who were maybe 9 and 11 at the time.

Back of blade wasn't the best for sparking the rod, and these lads were better at firemaking than I will ever be, even as elementary schoolers. But in this part of the world, you're usually close to some chert.

Knife was perfectly decent, surprising for the not much $$. CampMor used to sell these pigs dirt freaking cheap. Didn't know they were still around.

Zunga likes this.
  5. bigfoots

bigfoots Scout

Blog Posts:
    Lol yep I couldn't stand the suspense any more! I took it out and I was able to remove the holder for the ferro rod and according to the web site you can add some accessories from the newer sl3 pro.

BalsamFur likes this.
  6. bigfoots

bigfoots Scout

Blog Posts:
    Yes they have a pro line out plus other multitools and wallet cards etc. Turns out tool logic is a partner of SOG their website are connected and both feature these knives.

7. mcdudr

mcdudr Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I have a few with the ferro rod and with a mini flashlight. I like them, you got a good deal on that one.