traditional archery clinic in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by KajunKat, Feb 13, 2013.

1. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    The Amite river traditional archery club is putting on a free shooting clinic for traditional archery on 3/2/2013. I am going to go Lord permitting...

http://www.artactradbow.org/flyer.htm

2. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    Ya'll missed a good one. Lots of good instruction, lots of bow eye candy and two rounds of 3D. My finger tips are still numb from the the string.

3. Seeker

Seeker Woods Bum Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    That rednecky area between Baltimore and Philly.
    I missed your original post too! sorry. not that i could have made it, but still...

Glad you had fun!

4. swamprat

swamprat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I missed it too. But like Seeker I would not have bee able to make it. However I was in Amite working last Thursday.

5. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I am working a turnaround right now so I am jonesing to shoot my bow. I get a little practice here and there when daylight and my energy level cooperate. I am wanting to move up to about a 50 pound to hunt with this year. I think by the fall I will have enough confidence to make a shot of 20 yards or so. Learned so much I want to practice all at the same time but have to break it down and practice one thing at a time. One thing is for sure I am becoming much more consistent with way less wild shots. I miss you guys, sorry we couldn't do a spring fling, hopefully we can get together later in the year.

6. Seeker

Seeker Woods Bum Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    That rednecky area between Baltimore and Philly.
    Last couple days would have been about perfect, or the weekend before... cool, dry... very un-March-like... but that's ok... die, ticks, die! (actually, I got bit hard at the end of February, and it's just now healing.)

We have a slow work month in April. maybe then?

7. jnoel2279

jnoel2279 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Question for yall

I live in south La. and i started building a traditional long bow, with someone who knows how to do it, but he recently left the area. I was looking for someone that could teach me how to finish making this bow. Please email me jnoel2279@yahoo.com if you know of anyone that could help me thanks and God Bless.

8. KajunKat

KajunKat Guide

Blog Posts:
    I would look up the ARTAC (Amite River Traditional Archery Club) group. They have some bowyers that belong to the club. They have an on line presence so aren't hard to find.