Treasure Hunt video

Discussion in 'Events' started by Scratchthejeepguy, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Scratchthejeepguy

Scratchthejeepguy Supporter Supporter Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
    Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but it WAS an event, and I thought some of you might like to see it.
    I've always wanted to do a treasure hunt... so over the summer, I set up a hunt on my property for our relatives and some friends.

They had to use a compass, metal detector and shovel, work together to measure unknown distances, then find and collect objects that would all be used at the end... to find the buried treasure. I set it up so that if anyone stumbled upon any "one" of the clues, they couldn't get very far without having some of the previous clues first.

I thought a lot about long term treasure hunts, during this project and how difficult they must be to setup, due to construction, erosion, changing ownership of properties, and the progression of time.
    I had so much fun with this one though, that I'll probably do another one for the kids next year!
    The video is a little long for my taste, but it was hard to make it any shorter.

Enjoy!

rsnurkle, DomC, NWPrimate and 2 others like this.
  2. Bodaway

Bodaway Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    That's awesome.

I started doing treasure hunts on our farm for the kids a couple of years ago the day after my Father in law passed away. I thought it would be a good way to get everyone's mind off of the loss. It's been a hit ever since.

Mine are not nearly as elaborate as yours, but this gives me something to shoot for.
    John

Scratchthejeepguy likes this.
  3. DomC

DomC Retired Old Scrub Stomper

Blog Posts:
    Awesome video, the kids had a blast I see! Very well designed treasure hunt, great job! :dblthumb:

Dom

Scratchthejeepguy likes this.