trip to the northern Allagash area, Deboullie Mountain ME

Discussion in 'Outings, Trips & Expeditions' started by Mountain Mel, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Mountain Mel

Mountain Mel Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    A good friend has determined I am in desperate need of some woods time so he is taking me to Deboullie Mountain area in ME.

5 days 6 nights

He's going to setup a base camp on Perch pond and I'm taking off from there by myself for the week while he stays and fishes.

So I would appreciate any help, feedback, suggestions from anyone familiar with the area. I'm taking my Osprey Atmos 65 backpack and will be wild camping. There are some primitive camp sites in the area but I'd prefer to pick my own spots if possible. This is kind of a big deal for me as I haven't spent any extended time out for several years so I want to make the most of it. I'll come back to this thread after the trip to share pics and stories.

MrFixIt, Rockgod1619 and GoodPhotos like this.
  2. Cheapeats

Cheapeats Guide

Blog Posts:
    MrFixIt likes this.
  3. oldpinecricker

oldpinecricker Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Sounds fun. Maine and the Boundry Waters area are the only two regions east of the Rockies that I've any interest in. My fantasy would be to hunt a moose in Maine or Canada out of a canoe with my 348 Winchester.

MrFixIt likes this.
  4. GoodPhotos

GoodPhotos Father, Husband, Patriot, Entrepreneur Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Deep in wild wooded Western foothills of Maine
    We drove our Toyota up the washed out river bed that they called an access road when I was a kid and we were up in Eagle Lake visiting my Dad's family. It is beautiful country...well at least it was 35 years ago..I don't think a lot has changed there since then, but I don't get up to The County all that often. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of my State. :)

MrFixIt likes this.